Digital Domain Vancouver
Job Title: Previz/Postviz Artist
Reports to: Previz Supervisor
Classification: Full Time, Contract based
Date: August 2015
Purpose of the job:
The Previz/Postviz Artist works with other artists under the Previz Lead as part of a team to post-visualize CG shots & sequences in either feature films or commercial productions using the photographed plates supplied by the client.
· Under minimal supervision, use and occasionally create, digital assets including character and backgrounds to interpret a script as visualized by the Director.
Provide cinematic post-visualization of Director’s vision by completing layout of 3D animatic level sequences from start to finish using multiple elements based on scripts and input from Director(s), led by the action in the live action plates supplied.
Provides other artists with previz source art created in 3D.
Completes special projects as needed or requested.
Education, Experience, and Skills Required:
· 2+ years experience in feature film or television production
· Extensive training in and/or strong demonstrable understanding of the principles of story-telling, art and film.
· Demonstrated proficiency in scene, shot, camera, and character composition is required.
· Modeling, lighting, texturing and animation experience strongly desired.
· Knowledge of terminology and techniques used in film, animation and visual effects including basic knowledge of
photography and camera lenses.
Demonstrated proficiency using Maya, or 3Ds max required. Proficiency in other applications such as Photoshop and After Effects, as well as familiarity with digital video is highly desired.
Ability to learn and use new software as needed.
Ability to work under pressure as well as implement changes based on input from multiple sources.
Ability to multi-task and work efficiently in a multi-user environment.
Excellent organizational skills a must.
Working Conditions and Environment/Physical Demands:
Office working environment.
Hours for this position are based on normal working hours but will require extra hours pending production needs.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by people assigned to this work. This is not an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities associated with it. Digital Domain Vancouver management reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet business and organizational needs.
To apply for this position please submit an application at http://careers.digitaldomain.com/application.php?job_id=15_2_0749
Digital Domain Recruiting Previz/Postviz Artist, Digital Domain hiring, Digital Domain VFX, Digital Domain Jobs, Animation Jobs, VFX Jobs, CG Jobs, 3D Jobs, CGI, Jobs, Recruiting, Recruitment, Digital Domain Recruiting, Digital Domain Recruiting Previz/Postviz Artist