Production Accounting Manager
Digital Domain Vancouver
1618West 8th Avenue
Vancouver, BC V6J 1V4
Job Title: Production Accounting Manager
Reports to: VP, Finance
Classification: Full Time, Permanent Staff
Date: August 2016
Location: of work 1618West 8th Avenue
Vancouver, BC V6J 1V4
Salary Range: $110,000-$120,000
To apply, please complete our online application through DD’s career site (give the direct link to the specific job app). You will be required to upload a cover letter and resume in one PDF attachment. You may also apply via email firstname.lastname@example.org Please choose only one method.
Purpose of the job
The role of the Manager of Production Accounting is to oversee the day to day finances of Digital Domain’s feature film productions. Managing a team of 2-4 production accountants located in Digital Domain’s Vancouver and Los Angeles production facilities, the Manager of Production Accounting is responsible for overseeing tracking historicalactual spending on each feature production, estimating the cost to complete for each project based on quantifiablehistorical metrics and analyzing scenarios, risks and opportunities for each production.
The Manager of Production Accounting is expected to take a very active role in the design and set up of each shows’ production cost tracking, ensuring that the risks of each production and the areas of particular importance to each show are tracked in a way that allows the production teams to assess the status of a show. As a show progresses, the Manager of Production Accounting will work with the assigned production accountant and production teams to review status and adequacy of resources required to complete. The Manager of Production Accounting is also directly involved in the bidding process, providing input into designing the various accounting and production tracking systems (including Oracle and Shotgun) and setting overall procedures and financial controls. This role reports to the VP of Finance and is approximately 80%20% inward vs outward facing (internal productions vs. clients).
· Overseeing the show assigned Production Accountants and ensuring timely and accurate cost tracking and forecasting for each production
· Ensuring that cost to complete forecasting and adequacy of resources is based on quantifiable metrics
· Ensuring the financial reporting for each show meets both the needs of Producers and Executive Management
· Ensuring that the financial reporting for each show addresses key risks identified by the production teams
· Managing a team and setting the structure of 2-4 Production Accountants based in various geographical locations (Vancouver & Playa)
· Taking a leadership role in designing the production accounting, timecards and production tracking systems to meet the needs of a global organization
· Ensuring consistency and timeliness of information and reporting in all locations and on all shows
· Preparing consolidated financial information for Executive and Operational Management to show the overall status of the productions and to inform decision making (e.g. availability of resources)
· Assisting in the bidding process
· Be the expert in historical production financial information to inform future bids, show performance, and to identify areas to improve
· Working with Feature Producers and the VP of Finance to provide financial information to clients and to issue change orders
· Ensuring each Feature follows overall financial process, controls, and procedures
Education andor Experience Required
· 5+ years of production accounting experience in either Digital Feature Film andor Television Production.
· Experience in managing a team of production accountants.
· Bachelor’s Degree
Skills, Abilities, Special Licenses or Certificate
Strong system and process knowledge, and proven ability to design system requirements to improve overall efficiency
Proven ability to partner with Producers while maintaining a healthy objectiveness
Extremely strong analytical skills; Ability to take high volumes of data and summarize into easy to understand and actionable forms
Advanced Excel reporting skills
Ability to travel 20%
Working Conditions and EnvironmentPhysical Demands
Office working environment.
Hours for this position are based on normal working hours but will require extra hours pending production needs.
·Eligible for BC Medical monthly premium coverage upon your enrollment into BC’s provincial plan. Also eligible to be enrolled into Digital Domain’s extended health and dental benefits plan.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by people assigned to this work. This is not an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities associated with it. Digital Domain Vancouver management reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet business and organizational needs.
Digital Domain Recruiting Production Accounting Manager, Digital Domain, Digital Domain Vfx, Digital Domain Animation, Digital Domain hiring, Digital Domain Jobs, Vfx Jobs, Animation Jobs, CG Jobs, 3D Jobs, Video Game Jobs, Recruiting, Recruitment, CG, CGI, Vfx, Animation, hiring, Jobs, Digital Domain Recruiting, Production Accounting Manager