Rigger – Digital Domain Vancouver
Job Title: Rigger
Reports to: Status: Non-Exempt
Classification: Full Time, Project
Purpose of the job:
We are currently seeking a Rigger/Character TD to work alongside our talented crew of riggers at Digital Domain. Assignments will include creating efficient animation controls, setting up cloth and hair dynamics, implementing sophisticated mechanical rigging and applying realistic surface deformations.
The role requires strong technical and communication skills, as well as a firm understanding of character design, animation, rigging, tool development, and production workflow. This position requires 2-3 continuous years of production rigging experience and reports to the show’s Rigging Lead.
• Generate a variety of realistic creature, hero, digital double, vehicle and prop rigs
• Produce custom rigs, implementing a variety of modular components (biped/quadruped limbs, wings, mechanics, etc.)
• Develop and maintain realistic facial rigs using a combination of proprietary and 3rd party toolsets
• Utilize and extend DD’s existing Python-based rigging tools
• Develop utilities to optimize department workflows
• Work with the Animation Department to ensure the successful handoff and execution of character rigs, including in-scene troubleshooting and rig optimization
• Assist in the design and maintenance of the studio’s rigging pipeline
Qualifications- Education and/or Experience Required:
• Degree in computer science, art, animation, engineering, or equivalent experience that would equal that level of professionalism, problem solving and analytical skills
• 2-3 years experience with production-level character rigging, scripting and tool development
• Strong knowledge of Maya’s rigging toolset, including: skeleton placement, skinning techniques, IK/FK setup, corrective blendShape workflow, expressions, utility nodes, and Maya deformers
• Experience with nucleus and Maya Muscle dynamics
• Familiarity with mocap ingestion & retargeting (motionBuilder, humanIK)
• Strong comprehension of anatomy and articulation (human and creature mechanics)
• Keen artistic eye to drive the look of realistic and appealing surface deformations
• Production experience with Python scripting
• Good modeling and animation skills
• Working knowledge of linux, linear algebra, texture/UV layout & compositing
• Passion for creating convincing digital characters a must!
Working Conditions and Environment/Physical Demands:
• Office working environment
• Hours for this position are based on normal working hours but will require extra hours pending production needs
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by people assigned to this work. This is not an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities associated with it. Digital Domain Vancouver management reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet business and organizational needs.
To apply for this position submit an application at www.digitaldomain.com/careers/
Please select Vancouver from the drop down location menu
Digital Domain Recruiting Rigger, Digital Domain, Digital Domain hiring, Digital Domain VFX, Digital Domain Jobs, Animation Jobs, VFX Jobs, CG Jobs, 3D Jobs, CGI, Jobs, Recruiting, Recruitment, Digital Domain Recruiting, Digital Domain Recruiting Rigger