Senior Media Systems Engineer – Digital Domain Vancouver
Job Title: Senior Media Systems Engineer
Department: Media Systems
Reports to: Chief Engineer
Classification: Full Time, Staff
Purpose of the job:
The Senior Media Systems Engineer assists the Chief Engineer in a variety of
maintenance and help-desk tasks. The role requires interacting on a daily basis with artists and
production staff to make sure that they are able to complete their own tasks with a minimum of down
time or confusion. The successful candidate will work with display systems, video editing and archiving
systems, as well as digital projection, and computer systems to accomplish these goals. An aptitude for
electronics, displays and computers are essential. Experience in managing and maintaining cross site
multi-location media system setups is also key. An outgoing, helpful manner will go a long way.
• Monitor calibration, including desktop HP Dreamcolors and all Plasma/LED TVs
• Verifying that all view station room equipment is working on a daily basis
• Verifying the integrity of all conference room equipment on a daily basis
• Maintain projection room equipment as required
• Collaborate with Editorial staff to create Avid archives; restore jobs as requested by Vid-I/O and Editorial staff
• Be the Admin for the Avid Unity: install and/or remove partitions as needed, set user permissions, etc.
• Perform Avid upgrades or downgrades as needed, including adding/deleting users from each workstation
• Be the point person for the conference rooms and view rooms, be responsible for user training where needed, escalate problems to the appropriate departments as needed.
• Some wiring and assembling of audio and video equipment, as required.
Education and/or Experience Required:
• A specific degree is not required; however, an electronics-related degree would be useful. An Associate degree or equivalent from a two-year college or technical school would be appropriate.
• Ability to assemble and wire up devices is a big plus, as is the ability to make cables and assemble connectors.
• Experience with computer software and operating systems, especially OSX and Linux, preferred
• Prior experience with professional video and/audio systems is a plus
• Prior experience with conference room systems (video presence) is a plus
• Enthusiastic, helpful, willing to engage with users and help them solve problems is a big requirement
Working Conditions and Environment/Physical Demands:
• Office working environment.
• Hours for this position are based on normal working hours but will require extra hours pending production needs.
To apply for this position please select Vancouver from the drop down location menu and submit an application at http://careers.digitaldomain.com/application.php?job_id=14_2_0647
Digital Domain Recruiting Senior Media Systems Engineer, Digital Domain, Digital Domain hiring, Digital Domain VFX, Digital Domain Jobs, Animation Jobs, VFX Jobs, CG Jobs, 3D Jobs, CGI, Jobs, Recruiting, Recruitment, Digital Domain Recruiting, Digital Domain Recruiting Senior Media Systems Engineer