Software Developer: Character Animation – Digital Domain Vancouver
Reports To: Director of Software/R&D
Classification: Full Time
Purpose of the job:
At Digital Domain, we are developing industry-leading character and facial animation technology and tools. In films like The Curious Case of Benjamin Button, Tron: Legacy and Maleficent, we have created photo-realistic digital actors that have stood alongside real actors.
We are looking for software developers to help us further this technology. An ideal candidate should have most/all of these skills at the ready:
• Experience with character and facial rigging. You should be able to use and create rigs for
• A solid foundation in mathematics. This job will require that you be able to read, understand,
implement and make improvements on the latest research. You should be able to read a paper from SIGGRAPH and understand it. Specifically, understanding of optimization techniques and calculus is essential.
• A broad knowledge and curiosity about computer graphics is very important. We solve many, varied problems at Digital Domain. This job will not be about just character animation.
Education and/or Experience Required:
• At least a Master’s Degree in Computer Science / Math / Physics
• Adept in both C++ and Python
• Experience with Maya- both using Maya, and writing Maya plug-ins
To apply for this position submit an application at http://careers.digitaldomain.com/application.php?job_id=14_2_0639 Please select Vancouver from the location drop down menu
Digital Domain Recruiting Software Developer: Character Animation, Digital Domain hiring, Digital Domain VFX, Digital Domain Jobs, Animation Jobs, VFX Jobs, CG Jobs, 3D Jobs, CGI, Jobs, Recruiting, Recruitment, Digital Domain Recruiting, Digital Domain Recruiting Software Developer: Character Animation