Software Developer, Character Animation
Digital Domain 3.0 Vancouver
Job Title: Software Developer, Character Animation
Reports to: Technology Director
Classification: Full Time, Staff
Purpose of the job:
At Digital Domain, we are developing industry-leading character and
facial animation technology and tools. In films like The Curious Case of Benjamin Button,
Tron: Legacy and Maleficent, we have created photo-realistic digital actors that have stood
alongside real actors. We are looking for software developers to help us further this technology.
· Build rigging and animation tools like advanced deformers, muscle and skin simulation, multi-dimensional interpolation, blend-shape tools, hair grooming and simulation and more.
· Design, implement, and support C++ and Python tools, primarily for Maya but also potentially, standalone, that relate to character animation
· The developer will be expected to: gather requirements from the artists, research and develop a plan of attack, implement a stand-alone program or plug-in (using C++ or Python), document the code and produce a user manual, and release and support the tool.
· The ability to interact with non-technical people and both understand what they want, and get them to understand what you are doing, is necessary
· Experience with any or all of character animation, real-time processing and/or GPU programming is not required but would be a plus
Education and/or Experience Required:
· At least a Master’s Degree in Computer Science / Math / Physics
· Adept in both C++ and Python
· Experience with Maya: both using Maya, and writing Maya plug-ins
· Experience with character and facial rigging. You should be able to use and create rigs for simple characters.
· A solid foundation in mathematics. This job will require that you be able to read, understand, implement and make improvements on the latest research. You should be able to read a paper from SIGGRAPH and understand it. Specifically, understanding of optimization techniques and calculus is essential.
A broad knowledge and curiosity about computer graphics is very important. We solve many, varied problems at Digital Domain. This job will not be about just character animation.
Working Conditions and Environment/Physical Demands:
Office working environment.
Hours for this position are based on normal working hours but will require extra hours pending production needs.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by people assigned to this work. This is not an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities associated with it. Digital Domain Vancouver management reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet business and organizational needs.
To apply for this position please select Vancouver or Playa Vista from the drop down location menu and submit an application at http://careers.digitaldomain.com/application.php?job_id=14_2_0639
Digital Domain Recruiting Software Developer, Character Animation, Digital Domain hiring, Digital Domain VFX, Digital Domain Jobs, Animation Jobs, VFX Jobs, CG Jobs, 3D Jobs, CGI, Jobs, Recruiting, Recruitment, Digital Domain Recruiting, Digital Domain Recruiting Software Developer, Character Animation