Software Developer: Computer Vision & Mocap – Digital Domain Vancouver
Job Title: Software Developer: Computer Vision & Mocap
Reports to: Global Production Technology Supervisor Status: Exempt
Classification: Full Time
Purpose of the job:
The Software Developer: Computer Vision and Mocap will help to create leading edge tools for performance capture and character creation. With multiple motion capture facilities including advanced facial capture suites, Digital Domain needs software developers with experience in both computer vision, motion capture and character animation.
• Design, implement, and support C++ and Python tools, primarily for Maya but also potentially standalone, that relate to character animation and motion capture
• The developer will be expected to: gather requirements from the artists, research and develop a plan of attack, implement a stand-alone program or plug-in (using C++ or Python), document the code and produce a user manual, and release and support the tool.
• The ability to interact with non-technical people and both understand what they want, and get them to understand what you are doing, is necessary
• Experience with any or all of character animation, motion capture, real-time processing and/or GPU programming is not required but would be a plus
Qualifications: Education and/or Experience Required:
• At least a Master’s Degree in Computer Science / Math / Physics
• Adept in both C++ and Python
• Experience with Maya- both using Maya, and writing Maya plug-ins
• Experience with the latest in computer vision. A candidate should be comfortable with
optimization techniques (like bundle adjustment) and image processing.
• A solid foundation in mathematics. This job will require that you be able to read, understand,
implement and make improvements on the latest research. You should be able to read a paper from SIGGRAPH and understand it. Specifically, understanding of optimization techniques and calculus is essential.
• A broad knowledge and curiosity about computer graphics is very important. We solve many, varied problems at Digital Domain. This job will not be about just computer vision and motion capture.
Working Conditions and Environment/Physical Demands:
• Office working environment
• Hours for this position are based on normal working hours but will require extra hours pending production needs
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by people assigned to this work. This is not an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities associated with it. Digital Domain Vancouver management reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet business and organizational needs.
To apply for this position submit an application at http://careers.digitaldomain.com/application.php?job_id=14_2_0654 Please select Vancouver from the location drop down menu
Digital Domain Recruiting Software Developer: Computer Vision & Mocap, Digital Domain, Digital Domain hiring, Digital Domain VFX, Digital Domain Jobs, Animation Jobs, VFX Jobs, CG Jobs, 3D Jobs, CGI, Jobs, Recruiting, Recruitment, Digital Domain Recruiting, Digital Domain Recruiting Software Developer: Computer Vision & Mocap