Software Developer: Computer Vision & Mocap – Digital Domain Vancouver
Job Title: Software Developer: Computer Vision & Mocap
Reports to: Global Production Technology Supervisor
Classification: Full Time, Staff
• Design, implement, and support C++ and Python tools, primarily for Maya but also potentially standalone, that relate to character animation and motion capture
• The developer will be expected to: gather requirements from the artists, research and develop a plan of attack, implement a stand-alone program or plug-in (using C++ or Python), document the code and produce a user manual, and release and support the tool.
• The ability to interact with non-technical people and both understand what they want, and get them to understand what you are doing, is necessary
• Experience with any or all of character animation, motion capture, real-time processing and/or GPU programming is not required but would be a plus
Education and/or Experience Required:
• At least a Master’s Degree in Computer Science / Math / Physics
• Adept in both C++ and Python
• Experience with Maya- both using Maya, and writing Maya plug-ins
• Experience with the latest in computer vision. A candidate should be comfortable with optimization techniques (like bundle adjustment) and image processing.
• A solid foundation in mathematics. This job will require that you be able to read, understand, implement and make improvements on the latest research. You should be able to read a paper from SIGGRAPH and understand it. Specifically, understanding of optimization techniques and calculus is essential.
• A broad knowledge and curiosity about computer graphics is very important. We solve many,
varied problems at Digital Domain. This job will not be about just computer vision and motion
Working Conditions and Environment/Physical Demands:
• Office working environment.
• Hours for this position are based on normal working hours but will require extra hours pending production needs.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed
by people assigned to this work. This is not an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities associated
with it. Digital Domain Vancouver management reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities
to meet business and organizational needs.
To apply please select Vancouver from the drop down location menu and submit a resume via the careers page of our website: http://careers.digitaldomain.com/application.php?job_id=14_2_0654
Digital Domain Recruiting Software Developer: Computer Vision & Mocap, Digital Domain, Digital Domain hiring, Digital Domain VFX, Digital Domain Jobs, Animation Jobs, VFX Jobs, CG Jobs, 3D Jobs, CGI, Jobs, Recruiting, Recruitment, Digital Domain Recruiting, Digital Domain Recruiting Software Developer: Computer Vision & Mocap