Systems Technician – Digital Domain Vancouver
Digital Domain Vancouver
Job Title: Systems Technician
Department: Systems Technology
Reports to: Systems Technology Director
Classification: Full Time, Contract based
Date: August 2015
Purpose of the job:
The Systems Technician provides front line support to all users as well as serving as a liaison between the users and the Systems Administrators.
· Responding to helpdesk tickets and support calls
· Installation and troubleshooting of software packages
· Training of staff on the use of standard desktop applications and tools
· Setup and configure workstations for new employees
· Relocate and configure workstations as dictated by production requirements
· Calibration of color critical displays
· Provide general technical support to the Studio
· Complete documentation as required, including updating inventory databases and user account administration
· Collaborate with other members of the global Systems Technology group to implement company-wide standards and practices
· Responsibilities sometimes require working evenings and weekends with little or no advanced notice.
· Other duties as assigned
Education, Experience, and Skills Required:
· Experience in a large scale Linux computing environment, preferably in visual effects or animation
· Experience with Microsoft and Apple operating systems in a networked environment
· Experience working in a large NFS/NAS environment
· Experience with Google Apps and GMail email client applications
· Experience with Microsoft Office and Open Office applications
· Familiar with information security practices and procedures
· Must be an enthusiastic self-starter who works well in a distributed team environment
· Ability to quickly assess complex problems and make critical decisions while under deadline
· Strong oral and written communication skills
· Linux and Microsoft Certifications a plus
Working Conditions and Environment/Physical Demands:
Office working environment.
Hours for this position are based on normal working hours but will require extra hours pending production needs.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by people assigned to this work. This is not an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities associated with it. Digital Domain Vancouver management reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet business and organizational needs.
To apply for this position please submit an application at http://careers.digitaldomain.com/application.php?job_id=11_2_0332
Digital Domain Recruiting Systems Technician, Digital Domain hiring, Digital Domain VFX, Digital Domain Jobs, Animation Jobs, VFX Jobs, CG Jobs, 3D Jobs, CGI, Jobs, Recruiting, Recruitment, Digital Domain Recruiting, Digital Domain Recruiting Systems Technician