Unreal Engine Shader Developer and Texture Painter – Digital Domain Playa Vista, LA
Digital Domain 3.0, Inc.
Job Title: Unreal Engine Shader Developer and Texture Painter
Department: Virtual Production
Reports to: Director of Immersive Effects Development
Classification: Full Time, Production Contract
Date: November 2015
Purpose of the job:
The Unreal Engine Shader Developer and Texture Painter will be working within the virtual production team on feature film and virtual reality projects.
This role will be responsible for designing developing and maintaining thin virtual production and virtual reality clients using Unreal Engine 4. The Skills required for this role can be categorized into three areas: Unreal Engine Shader Developer and Texture Painting, Unreal Engine TD, and C++ Programmer.
Education and/or Experience Required:
· 2+ years experience with Unreal Engine
· Unity3D experience is a plus
· Experience with the UE4 animation workflow and toolset
· Experience with the UE4 AI system
· Experience as texture painter
· Particularly experienced with subsurface shaders (skin)
Skills, Abilities, Special Licenses or Certificate:
· Has a broad knowledge of shader development using Unreal Engine 4
· Knows about VR shader limitations in UE4 and ways to compensate for it
· A broad knowledge of the Unreal Engine 4 Blueprint system and can optimize already existing UE4 Blueprints
· Needs to handle Blueprints in a clean and easy to read fashion and will be able to convert existing blueprints into economic code
· Is able to create custom blueprint nodes that simplify and help the development process
· Has a mindset of creating code/nodes that are accessible and modular
· Knows how to design efficient & economical shaders, optimized for realtime
· Has a great eye and passion for photo real look
· C++ knowledge is a plus
· Is creative and comes up with suggestions for improving workflow or engine performance
· Is a team player and patient with artists
Working Conditions and Environment/Physical Demands:
Office working environment.
Hours for this position are based on normal working hours but will require extra hours pending production needs.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by people assigned to this work. This is not an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities associated with it. Digital Domain 3.0, Inc management reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet business and organizational needs.
To apply for this position submit an application at http://careers.digitaldomain.com/
**Please select Playa Vista from the drop down location menu**
Digital Domain Recruiting Unreal Engine Shader Developer & Texture Painter, Digital Domain hiring, Digital Domain VFX, Digital Domain Jobs, Animation Jobs, VFX Jobs, CG Jobs, 3D Jobs, CGI, Jobs, Recruiting, Recruitment, Digital Domain Recruiting, Digital Domain Recruiting Unreal Engine Shader Developer & Texture Painter