Double Fine Recruiting Senior Visual Effects Artist
Senior Visual Effects Artist
Double Fine Productions is currently looking for a highly experienced, professional Visual Effects Artist for its San Francisco studio. The primary job responsibilities are to create spectacular visual effects (both stylized and realistic) using our proprietary engine, push the state of the art in current and next-gen technology, and work closely with other disciplines including audio, gameplay, graphics, and production to bring our games to life.
The ideal candidate has a strong understanding of the creation of stunning in-game visual effects and has relevant game industry experience. The candidate should demonstrate creativity, technical and artistic skills, and have a deep understanding of how to work within the constraints of a real-time console game environment. The candidate must exhibit excellent verbal and written communication skills. The role requires a minimum of 3 years of video game experience, and at least one published game on a modern platform (next gen/last gen/PC). Additional key success factors for this role include the ability to work well with others, and a passion for adding the extra polish that truly sets a game apart.
1) Work closely with the content creators to bring gameplay-appropriate effects to life.
2) Use our proprietary tools, Photoshop and other DCC apps to create and integrate visual effects.
3) Contribute to the further development of our effect authoring pipeline.
4) Contribute innovative and original ideas on all aspects of game production and development.
1) Experience creating advanced real-time visual effects out of a variety of building blocks including particles, static textures, animated textures, lights, post processing, materials, meshes and shaders.
2) Experience lighting, rendering and shading, and the knowledge to leverage the latest rendering innovations like Physically Based Shading.
3) Proficiency authoring HLSL and the ability to create stunning, shader-based visual effects.
4) Ability to create assets within the confines of real-time engine memory and performance constraints, and the ability to optimize effects to achieve the highest visual quality.
5) Excellent communication skills, including a meticulous and organized approach to the creation, naming and storage of the effects assets.
6) Proficiency with Maya or an equivalent digital content creation package.
7) Self-motivated and passionate about making video games.
8) Team player with a great work ethic.
9) Commitment to personal and peer development and sharing best practices.
10) Keeps current with the state of the art in visual effects.
1) Experience scripting tools, pipelines and workflows to overcome technical challenges
2) Experience with Python, C#, C++
3) Experience with Adobe After Effects or another 2D compositing package
4) Experience using pix, gpad, or other gpu profiling tools
5) Experience with ios/android
Due to the immediate nature of this position and current government employment-visa sponsorship restrictions, we are unable to consider foreign candidates.
For immediate consideration, interested and qualified candidates should send their resumes and samples of previously executed effects work to firstname.lastname@example.org Please include in the subject line “Senior Visual Effects Artist”.
Double Fine Recruiting Senior Visual Effects Artist, Double Fine Recruiting, 3d jobs, Animation jobs, hiring, job, jobs, Double Fine, Double Fine hiring, Double Fine Recruiting, Recruiting, Recruitment, vfx jobs, video game jobs, Visual Effects Jobs, Double Fine Recruiting, Double Fine Recruiting Senior Visual Effects Artist