Double Negative Recruiting Data Operations Manager
Data Operations Manager
Company: Double Negative Canada Productions Ltd.
Department: Data Operations
Reports To: Global Head of Infrastructure
Direct Reports: Data Operations Assistants
Key Purpose of the Job:
To manage and over see the day to day running and on-going development of the data operations department. To work closely with production teams to ensure the accurate and timely transfer of data both to and from the facility. To manage backup and restore requests from the tape archive system.
Needs to Do:
Line manage a small team of studio assistants.
Perform annual performance reviews and deal with any disciplinary issues.
Oversee the personal development and general training of the team.
Communicate with production and management.
Ensure department delivers everything needed by production.
Report in to and work with senior management team to continuously develop department.
Assist the rest of the department with:
– Manage the incoming and outgoing of data to clients and other facilities via ASPERA and SFTP.
– Accurate renaming of data as requested by the production teams and clients.
– Ensuring all material is processed, published and made available to our production teams via Shotgun.
– Apply colour look up tables to data during processing.
– General data management including creating and deleting shots, moving shots from server to server and transferring data to other locations such as external drives.
– Administration of departmental resources ensuring all records and databases are accurate and up to date.
– File conversions and extractions from various formats such as dpx, exr, mov, R3D and dng.
– Reducing large frame ranges to more manageable ranges and rendering out the files.
– Monitoring the in house submission queue and liaising with production teams on progress or problems.
– Virus checking all incoming material.
– Troubleshooting cross site transfers and uploads/downloads.
– General problem solving and working closely with the tech department.
– Archiving and restoring data to and form the tape backup system.
Needs to Know:
Minimum 3 years experience working in a VFX facility in a similar position.
Degree in Computer Systems, Software Systems, or equivalent subject.
Previous experience managing a technical department.
Good working knowledge of Linux systems, ideally CentOS.
Basic understanding of Python.
Knowledge of modern digital cameras; Arri Alexa, RED One, Varicam etc.
A basic understanding of film and negative handling procedures as departmental terminology is based on film techniques.
Good working knowledge and experience of tape backup systems and SGI DMF.
Needs to be:
Natural problem solver
Committed to achieving targets
Good customer service manner
Measures of Performance:
On time delivery
20 days Holiday per year
Expiring: April 04, 2017
Salary: $70,000.00 – $80,000.00/Annually
How to Apply
Double Negative Recruiting Data Operations Manager, Double Negative, Double Negative hiring, Double Negative VFX, Double Negative Jobs, Animation Jobs, VFX Jobs, CG Jobs, 3D Jobs, Video Game Jobs, Recruiting, Recruitment, CGI, Jobs, Double Negative Recruiting, Data Operations Manager