Electronic Arts Games India Recruiting Lead 3D Artist
Lead 3D Artist
Req. Number: 27293
Job ID: 27293
Location Information: Hyderabad, HYDERABAD, India
Role : Lead 3D Artist
Job Location: EA Hyderabad/India Studio
The mobile gaming industry is exploding. Consumer spending will top $9B globally this year and is expected to grow double digits for the next few years. The introduction of the iPhone, iPad, and Android devices has created unprecedented access to consumers and created a massive new crop of engaged gamers. Free-to-play mobile games now dominate the top charts on Apple and Android as micro transactions and in-game economies have successfully migrated from Facebook to the mobile platform. Simultaneously, the international market is growing at a rapid pace as games are localized to reach new and emerging markets including China, Brazil, and Korea.
We’re EA – we’ve been making games for decades and have learned enough to earn our rank as a leading developer, publisher and distributor of the world’s best games. Electronic Arts (NASDAQ: EA) is an 8,000-people strong, worldwide organization focused on building the world’s best digital playground. Whether you’re plotting a course for SpyMouse on your mobile or your palms are sweaty from clutching your controller during intense games of FIFA 13, chances are you’ve played an EA game. In an industry that’s changing every day – whether it’s through new social channels, advancing technology, new audiences or unique opportunities for monetization – EA is positioned for growth thanks to smart business plans, strategic acquisitions, and most importantly, our creative people around the world who gather each day to unite the world through play.
As EA’s first label dedicated to purely digital games, EA Mobile creates games for mobile devices, social networks and online environments that deliver seamless play anytime, anywhere, on any device. Connecting a market of more than one billion core and mass-casual gamers worldwide, EA Mobile delivers engaging, accessible, high quality games to people of all skill levels and interests
EA is the world leader in mobile gaming with a portfolio of mobile hits including FIFA, The Simpsons: Tapped Out, Real Racing, The Sims, Plants VS Zombies, Scrabble, Monopoly, and Bejeweled Blitz. The mobile gaming market continues to grow exponentially year over year and EA’s portfolio of world-class brands, access to external IP, and ability to create original hits puts the company in a unique position to increase this leadership position. Critical to this growth is EA’s ability to maintain our massive engaged audience and to successfully migrate these players to new games as they launch into the marketplace.
Electronic Arts’ Hyderabad Studio is highly regarded throughout the industry for delivering high quality, engaging games on iOS and Android. We release new meaningful updates on a regular basis for our live mobile games. The Hyderabad office represents one of EA Mobile’s largest development organizations with more than 700 passionate mobile game experts involved in game development, testing, production and distribution.
We’re looking for highly talented and dedicated 3D Art lead who thrive in fast paced, ever changing development and live service environments. As an artist you’ll be an integral member of the team shaping our games to satisfy our hard core and casual gamers.
Our Production Artists designs and builds 3D models per specification; designs and creates 2D texture maps per specification; generates texture mapping coordinates; creates 3D models at various levels of polygon resolutions; optimizes 3D models and 2D textures for game engine efficiency; meets production schedule with on-time delivery and quality; assists technical artists to estimate schedule and troubleshoot problems.
• Create and produce artwork, both on the computer and hand-drawn, in accordance with the direction of other Artists, Art Director, Designer and Producer
• Report status of deliverables to your team, Art Director, Lead, Producer, and Development Director
• Work within a small, motivated team and communicate effectively
• Spearhead, mentor and help the artists in the team to attain highest quality art in the allotted production time
Skills and experience
• 6 or more years of professional working experience in 3D Studio Max, Maya, Adobe Photoshop & ZBrush/ 3D coat or any other similar 3D tools.
• Should have good experience of working in Unity3D
• Should have worked on at least 5-10 shipped titles, preferably on iOS and Android.
• The ability to create and adapt to various game art styles
• The ability to work on low poly 3D game assets and make beautiful and memory efficient textures and effects
• The ability to conceptualize abstract concepts into impressive on-screen visuals
• Strong team leadership skills and problem solving abilities
• Efficient and speedy work practices for quick turn-around time under deadline pressure
• Excellent interpersonal, writing and communication skills
• Scripting and/or programming experience would be ideal
• Please provide a portfolio including example of your 3D work with your application.
Apply here:- http://careersearch.ea.com/in/hyderabad/art/lead-3d-artist-jobs
Electronic Arts Games India Recruiting Lead 3D Artist, Electronic Arts Games Hiring, Electronic Arts Games job, Electronic Arts Games jobs, Electronic Arts Games Recruiting, Electronic Arts Games Studios, hiring, job, jobs, Recruiting, Recruitment, vfx jobs, video game jobs, Visual Effects Jobs, EA