Dailies Colorist Encore Vancouver
JOB SUMMARY AND PURPOSE
The Dailies Colorist is responsible for providing dailies services and deliverables to clients of Deluxe Creative Services. The position requires a high degree of technical skill and artistic judgment. In addition, the colourist serves as a key front-line representative of the company and frequently deals directly with clients in challenging situations; accordingly, a professional demeanor and diplomacy are also important.
Operate Color Correction Tools and related technical facilities as assigned by producer to ensure efficient and accurate completion of assigned tasks
· Ingest picture via mags, cards, drives
· Ingest Audio via CF Card, DVD-RAM, or drives
· Safe data management best practices at all times
Log and Sync
· Sync audio to image, via time code, and slide as necessary where no TC match
· Check levels via audio meter
· QC image and audio and check against camera, sound, and script supervisor reports
· Look for artifacts, missing frames, missing picture, failed checksums
· Spot soft focus, exposure problems
· Proficient with vector scope and waveform monitor to recognize exposure concerns
· Check against notes from supplied reports
· Communicate concerns with above processes to Dailies Producer
· Liaise with clients as necessary before and after sessions to ensure customer satisfaction with work performed.
· Personally ensure the technical accuracy and quality of work produced in the transfer session.
· Related dailies duties as assigned by Production Manager and Dailies Producer deemed required for on location workflow.
Customer satisfaction level with the work performed
Satisfaction level of the in house producers, sales, and management
SKILLS KNOWLEDGE AND BEHAVIORS
Understanding of dailies deliverables and workflow
Understanding waveform monitor, vector scope, and audio meter
Understanding QC Procedures
Understanding of creation and understanding Editorial files – avid bin, Flex Files, ALEs, NDRs
Knowledge of how to read camera reports, sound reports
PC, Linux, and Mac Office Tools and file transfer tools
OSD, Resolve, MTI, Redcine-X, Avid, Final Cut Pro, and Codex VFS Configuration
Experience with USB, Firewire, eSata, Codex, S two, Sony F65 mag handling, card reader, audio SD card, Alexa SxS card, and RED memory card
Understanding of Archive procedures with LTO, TAR, and BRU
Familiar with PIX, Sample Digital
Familiarity with imaging concepts, and other related trouble shooting methodologies.
Able to work under pressure and meet deadlines
Must have the people skills to interact with clients
Able to work with in house production staff and assist with reasonable requests.
Maintain a professional attitude with management and clients.
Effective Organizational Skills
Strong Multi-Tasking Abilities and priority assessment skills
Effective Written communication skills
Analytical and problem solving skills
Please apply by emailing Millie Cox – firstname.lastname@example.org
Encore VFX Recruiting Dailies Colorist, Encore VFX, Encore VFX hiring, Encore VFX Studio, Encore VFX jobs, Animation Jobs, VFX Jobs, CG jobs, 3D Jobs, Video Game jobs, CG, CGI, Jobs, Recruiting, Recruitment, Encore VFX Recruiting, Encore VFX Recruiting Dailies Colorist