Environments Artist – Digital Domain (Vancouver, BC)
Environments Artist Job Description
The Environments Artist role is to create or recreate a fully synthetic environment with a team that works and operates within a big visual effects pipeline, using tools and techniques to optimize and streamline the generated content.
• Thorough understanding of a 3D and 2.5D (projection) pipeline.
• Experience with basic modeling, uv-ing, texturing and lighting.
• Experience with basic compositing.
• Preferably technical knowledge of lenses and camera body’s (filmback, distortion etc).
• Being able to use photographic content from different media appropriately in set recreation (stills, HDRI etc).
• Experience in working in a world scale environment versus single shots.
• Demonstrates the ability to be proactive and anticipate the needs of dependent departments.
• Translate concept art into photorealistic environments.
• Minimum 3 years experience with large scale environments work in a high-end feature film pipeline required.
• Live-action/VFX experience preferred
• General experience with the following software:
• Working with on-set assets.
• Creating postviz for sequences.
To apply for this position please submit an application at http://careers.digitaldomain.com/application.php?job_id=10_2_0209
Please choose Vancouver from the city pull down menu.
Animation Technical Director,Compositor & Compositing Supervisor Nuke, Digital Domain, Digital Domain Hiring, Digital Domain job,Digital Domain jobs, Digital Domain Recruiting, Digital Domain Recruiting Compositing Supervisor Nuke, Digital Domain Recruiting Environments Artist, Digital Domain Studios, Digital Matte Painter,Digital Producer, hiring,Integration Artist, job, jobs,Recruiting, Recruitment, Roto Artist, vfx jobs, video game jobs, Visual Effects Jobs