Falcons Creative group is seeking an Animation Director to work in our beautiful studio based in Orlando, FL!
The Animation Director will work closely with creative leads and department supervisors to manage all aspects of animation to achieve the creative vision of the Director for a wide variety of stereoscopic and special venue projects.
• Supervise all phases of animation production including previs, layout, blocking, polish, and tech fixes.
• Animation of cameras, characters, props, and vehicles across, character FX, and various anim-based FX.
• Direct and ideate animation efficiently to best communicate the story, timing, and emotional beats.
• Identify and support a wide range of high animation styles based on the project needs ranging from photo-realistic motion-capture to stylized keyframe animation.
• Quality control of all animation at a scene, shot, and show level. Ensure scenes and caches flow smoothly to other downstream departments and dependencies.
• Manage, provide, and prioritize to feedback to rigging and pipeline departments and resources.
• Promote and communicate creative and technical solutions related to animation that meet client and internal quality expectations.
• Work with the production department to establish animation schedules and ensure deadlines are met.
• Provide animation bids, resource loading, and production tracking to the production department.
• Maximize quality and efficiency of the internal animation team and other external animation support resources working in a fast-paced commercial environment with a highly iterative workflow.
• Maintain high security standards for confidential studio projects and assets.
• 8 years of professional industry experience highly recommended.
• 2 years of experience in an animation production leadership capacity highly recommended.
• Expert level in Maya with a strong technical knowledge/experience.
• Highly skilled animation timing, anticipation, follow-through, squash and stretch, forward and inverse kinematics.
• Expert understanding of the principles of cinematography and stereography.
• Must be passionate about storytelling utilizing innovative processes, techniques, and technologies.
• Must be a team player with great communication skills, capable of fully embracing notes and direction.
• Firm understanding of rigging capabilities as it pertains to animation and feature requests.
• Experience with large formats, special venues, virtual reality, domes, projection mapping a plus.
• Experience with Shotgun and RV a plus.
To apply: http://www.falconscr…about/careers/�
To learn more about what we do, check out our branding video:
Falcon’s Treehouse, LLC is a drug-free workplace and employment is contingent upon passing a drug screen. We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Falcons Treehouse Recruiting Animation Director, Falcons Treehouse, Falcons Treehouse hiring, Falcons Treehouse Jobs, Falcons Treehouse VFX, Animation Jobs, VFX Jobs, CG Jobs, 3D Jobs, Video game Jobs, Recruiting, Recruitment, Falcons Treehouse Recruiting, Animation Director