Visual Effects Artists, Character Animators & Producer/Coordinator
We are a boutique visual effects company based in Culver City that boasts a DIY attitude and an underdog spirit. We expect our artists to maintain strong attention to detail and an independent work ethic, as well as the ability to multitask on a regular basis.
Filmworks/FX, Inc. is looking to fill several positions in both Los Angeles and New York for the upcoming television season as well as for current feature film projects.
To apply for one of the positions below, please send your reel, resume, and the position for which you are applying to firstname.lastname@example.org
Los Angeles: Texture/Surfacing Artist – Contract
– Must be able to create photo-real textures for creatures and mechanical objects
– Textures must hold up to large format feature film exhibition.
– Artist would be required to work on-site with directors and producers.
– Artist must have basic technical knowledge of assigning textures to Renderman, shaders in Maya and presenting looks in Renderman.
– Must be able to adjust UV’s as needed.
– Final renders will be done in Renderman.
Los Angeles: Look Development Artist – Contract
– Must have experience using Maya and Renderman.
– Creatures, spacecraft etc. need to be developed for a science fiction photo-real feature film.
– Artist must be able to manipulate textures and shaders for rendering.
Los Angeles: Character Animator – Contract
– Should have a good sense of photo-real creature motion.
– Must be able to interpret movement in gravity as well as zero G.
– Proficiency in Maya is a must.
New York City: Visual Effects Artist – Full-Time
– The primary job of the visual effects artist will be compositing shots in After Effects.
– We get a wide range of work from makeup fixes, wire removal and clean plating, to green screen replacements and motion graphics. Artist must be knowledgeable in most, or all of these processes, with a willingness to learn the rest.
– A background working with Maya is a plus, but not required.
– All levels of experience welcome to apply.
New York City: VFX Coordinator/Producer: Full-Time
As the VFX Coordinator/Producer, your job would be to support the staff in whatever way possible. This entails taking on administrative responsibilities in order to allow artists a more efficient workflow. Duties include, but are not limited to:
-Assigning and tracking tasks among artists
-Overseeing the status of shots
-Providing administrative support to VFX Supervisors and team leaders
-Coordinate client deliveries
-General communication with clients about current jobs
Filmworks Fx Inc Recruiting Visual Effects Artists, Character Animators & Producer/Coordinator, Filmworks Fx, Filmworks Fx Animation, Filmworks Fx hiring, Filmworks Fx Jobs, Animation Jobs, Vfx Jobs, CG Jobs, 3D Jobs, Video Game Jobs, Software Jobs, Art Jobs, recruiting, Recruitment, CG, CGI, Vfx, Animation, hiring, 3D, 2D, Jobs, Filmworks Fx Inc Recruiting, Filmworks Fx Inc Recruiting Visual Effects Artists, Filmworks Fx Inc Recruiting Character Animators, Filmworks Fx Inc Recruiting Producer/Coordinator, Visual Effects Artists, Character Animators, Producer/Coordinator