First Tek, Inc Recruiting VFX Artist
Job Title: VFX Artist
Duration: 1 yr Contract + potential extensions
Location: Kirkland WA
If interested please respond to email posted at bottom with an up to date resume.
Love FX? Enjoy a challenge? Passionate about developing industry leading FX? Then this is the right place for you!
Be a part of the action and help develop cutting edge FX. We’re looking for someone who is self-motivated and self-sufficient. Willing to tackle any FX challenge that comes their way. A strong team player who is good at communication. Able to work with Artists, Engineers and Designers. Flexible enough to build FX from scratch without any preconceived ideas or build an effect that matches concept artwork.
· Creation of all types of photo-real effects ranging from environment to vehicle, character and weapons.
· Work closely with environment artists and designers to ensure the best effect experience possible.
· Collaborate with other FX artists to share techniques and ideas.
· Work with the FX Lead and Art Director to ensure the visual quality bar is met.
· Self-Manage FX development.
· Optimize effects to run efficiently within the game while maintaining a high level of quality.
· Concept and prototype effects.
· Able to communicate feature ideas affectively to a developer.
Required Experience and Skillset:
· Experience working in a real-time game engine.
· A strong understanding of how to create photo-real effects.
· Strong knowledge of particle systems.
· Experience with a real-time particle simulations either proprietary or 3rd party systems.
· Proficient in at least one 3D software package like Maya, Max, Houdini or XSI.
· Proficient in Photoshop.
· Understanding of Fluid systems.
· The ability to create particle simulation textures from scratch.
· Art-related degree and/or comparable professional experience.
· A good understanding of motion and animation.
· A good understanding of the Lighting and how it influences effects.
· Strong communication skills.
Preferred Experience and skillset:
· Having shipped at least one AAA Game.
· Understanding of how to write shaders either through an engine’s node network or within a text editor.
· Game scripting experience
· Proficiency in creating Fluid systems.
· A good understanding of art principles.
· Additional skillset outside of creating effects like environment modeling, lighting, technical art, etc.
Apply here:- firstname.lastname@example.org
First Tek, Inc Recruiting VFX Artist, First Tek, Inc hiring, First Tek, Inc Vfx, First Tek, Inc Jobs, Animation Jobs, VFX Jobs, CG Jobs, 3D Jobs, CG, CGI, jobs, Recruiting, Recruitment, First Tek, Inc Recruiting, First Tek, Inc Recruiting VFX Artist