Senior R&D Programmer
Senior R&D Programmer Film Industry
Fish Blowing Bubbles is a production studio for film, animation, VFX and digital media.
We specialize in visual communication.
We combine creativity, design and technology, and from this we develop compelling stories and turn ideas into an emotional experience.
For years, Fish Blowing Bubbles GmbH has researched visual computing and its use in digital media and film production. We continue to develop unique applications and plug-ins for production and artistic centric requirements.
As part of our Research & Development Team we are looking for a passionate SENIOR R&D Programmer with team leading skills.
You will be a part of a fun international team developing an algorithm in the areas of:
– LIDAR scans and photogrammetry: depth maps, color, normals, specularity and cavity values;
– Obtain synthetic data by constructing UV atlas based on the initial data;
– Mapping of the synthetic data onto a constructed 3D model;
– General utilities and infrastructure.
– Our R&D Programmers support multiple projects in parallel, from initial design through final application
– Supervise other developers and interns
– Use optimized and clean GUI interfaces
– Communicate development timeframes to the Software Project Manager
– Maintain, revise and extend existing tools
– Implement papers or publications
– Write pipeline tools to improve workflows
– Manage the various responsibilities that span the full software development life-cycle: designing, supporting and maintaining software, integrating tools into the pipeline
– At least 3 years of working experience as a senior
– Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or equivalent subject
– Experience developing VFX-related tools
– Solid understanding of computer graphics and mathematics
– Excellent knowledge of C++ and Python (other languages a plus)
– Experience with relevant application APIs such as Maya and Nuke
– Understanding of relevant third-party technologies, such as Alembic, OpenEXR, -OpenColorIO, OpenImageOI etc.
– Experience with conversion toolchains and Level Editor tools
– Experience with runtime performance analysis and optimization techniques: algorithmic and data construct levels, CPU, GPU and shader instruction sets.
– Strong familiarity with CPU architectures, cache behavior and programming for SIMD
– Solid Qt knowledge
– Very good debugging skills
– Experience in developing in a Windows and Linux environment
– Understanding of image processing
– Logical and practical in approach to solving complex problems
– Familiarity with current techniques in graphics, reading and understanding research papers
– Team oriented and organized
– Good level of English
– Familiarity with other VFX software packages is advantageous
If you have a genuine passion for technology and its use in the film and media industries, we want to hear from you.
To apply for this position please send your information to email@example.com with “Senior R&D Programmer” and your name in the subject line.
Fish Blowing Bubbles Recruiting Senior R&D Programmer, Fish Blowing Bubbles Vfx, Fish Blowing Bubbles Animation, Fish Blowing Bubbles hiring, Fish Blowing Bubbles Jobs, Animation, River Film Jobs, Vfx Jobs, CG Jobs, 3D Jobs, 2D Jobs, Video Game Jobs, Software Jobs, Art Jobs, Recruiting, Recruitment, CG, CGI, Vfx, Animation, hiring, 3D, 2D, Jobs, Fish Blowing Bubbles Recruiting, Senior R&D Programmer