Framestore London looking for R&D Software Engineer
Our R&D department produces innovative technology which allows us to meet the needs of both current and future projects. They collaborate closely with our artists to ensure they have the technology to work their magic, as well as developing tools which will keep our studio at the forefront of VFX production.
We are seeking to recruit a number of graphics R&D software engineers to help further develop our proprietary tools in a variety of areas, including:
– Core R&D infrastructure, including our proprietary file formats
and the libraries which underpin the rest of our R&D toolset.
– Lighting technology.
– FX simulation & rendering
– Environment modelling, acquisition & rendering
– Develop technology to address production requirements.
– Contribute to the design and development of CG software
which is required cross-shows.
– Work alongside our other R&D developers to ensure that new tools
fit within our existing software systems.
– Work closely with CG supervisors to ensure that production needs are
– Support, and collaborate with, our artists
– Keep up to date on developments in CG, and contribute to the studios
strategic tool development.
– Degrees in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related fields.
– Several years experience of C++ software development in Linux/Unix,
ideally including some experience of software development in a production
– Experience of developing computer graphics tools (such as rendering,
lighting, compositing or fx) in a non-academic setting.
– Experience of software development in a team environment, including
the use of source control systems, revision management and maintenance.
– Experience of some combination of Maya/Arnold/Houdini/PRman/Nuke API development.