Framestore Recruiting Head of Paint and Roto
Head of Paint and Roto
Location: Montreal (Canada)
Start Date: immediately
Paint & Roto artists work closely alongside compositors to help them integrate all elements of a shot, including CG and live action to create film visual effect shots.
In addition to working on Paint and Roto shot work at a senior level the roleholder will have the additional responsibilities of:
• Working closely with Project Project Coordinators and Lead Artists to ensure they have the resources they need to meet deadlines and quality standards.
• Accurately assessing how long Paint and Roto shots will take to complete by artists at different levels.
• Casting shots to team members according to ability.
• Quality control. Ultimately responsible for all work produced by the department.
• Recognising the training needs of the department. Organising and delivering training sessions and mentoring junior staff.
• Working closely with Crew Managers and Recruitment to build a top-class team.
• Working with recruitment to build strong relations with local universities and colleges to build a future talent pipeline. This may include some teaching responsibilities.
• Develop new tools and workflows to aid team productivity.
• Liasing closely with their counterpart in London to ensuring that workflow, techniques and standards match those established in the London office
• Paint and Roto film production knowledge and experience at a senior level
• Knowledge and experience of Nuke and Silhouette
• A working knowledge of Linux
• An ability to lead and motivate a team
• Excellent interpersonal skills and an ability to communicate effectively to colleagues at
• Able to problem solve under pressure.
• Excellent organisational skills
• An ability to effectively share information and ideas
• An ability to work with and develop junior artists
• A proven record of building a team from scratch. Recruiting, training and mentoring
new recruits to a suitable standard.
A keen desire to learn new techniques and software
• Traditional art and design skills and a knowledge of composition and colour
• Some teaching experience
Apply here:- https://ldd.tbe.taleo.net/ldd01/ats/careers/requisition.jsp?org=FRAMESTORE&cws=39&rid=693
Framestore Recruiting Head of Paint and Roto, Framestore, Framestore hiring, Framestore Studio, Framestore Vfx, Framestore Jobs, Video Game Jobs, Animation Jobs, Vfx Jobs, CG Jobs, 3D Jobs, CG, CGI, Recruiting, Recruitment Jobs, Framestore Recruiting, Framestore Recruiting Head of Paint and Roto