Facial Rigger – Fuhu CG Animation Studio (Los Angeles)
We are currently seeking a Facial Rigger to join our current CG animation project. Our goal is to produce a feature-quality stylized animation from a LA-based brand new studio. It is a great opportunity to participate in ground building of the team with a group of passionate artists.
· Design and build production quality facial animation rigs in Maya
· Script/code efficient tools to aid production
· Help artists troubleshoot and fix rigging related issues and problems
· Research and develop new methods for facial rigging and animation
· Review the work of the asset team on a regular basis
· Attends all relevant meetings to promote effective communication
· Work closely with the CG Head, Supervisors, and Rigging team to help solve problems and proactively craft tools and techniques to help improve production
· 4-5 years advanced experiences as a Maya rigger in CG animation and VFX industry
· Capable of rigging with vanilla Maya.
· Have experience with solutions to problems and have a good understanding of deadlines and working with other character TDs, modelers and animators
· Be a good scripter and developer. Practical knowledge of Python and Mel is a must. Great knowledge of API, PyQt and C++ is a big plus
· Deep understanding of complex system that lies beneath a face and very good knowledge of animation principles
· Deep understanding of the CG production and software including Maya. Maya API knowledge a plus
· Excellent troubleshooting and debugging skills
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Proactive and highly motivated
· Highly organized, first-class time/project management skills
· Must be eligible to work in the U.S.
· Reside in Los Angeles (within the area you can commute to the El Segundo office)
Fuhu Inc., is the leading designer, seller and innovator of “thoughtful” consumer products and services for children. Creator of the nabi™ tablet, the world’s first tablet made just for kids, Fuhu provides an ecosystem of hardware, software services, and accessories to immerse kids in rich and engaging experiences. nabi ™ is available in all major U.S. retailers including Walmart, Best Buy, GameStop, and Target. Fuhu was named ‘the most promising company’ by Forbes Magazine in 2014, and also ranked #1 spot for ‘The Fastest-Growing Private US Companies’ of Inc. Magazine, 2014.
How to apply:
Please submit your resume as well as link to demo reel/previous artwork to firstname.lastname@example.org with the job title in the email subject line.
Fuhu Inc Recruiting Facial Rigger, Fuhu Inc, Fuhu Inc hiring, Fuhu Inc VFX, Fuhu Inc Jobs, Animation Jobs, VFX jobs, CG Jobs, 3D Jobs, Video Game Jobs, CGI, Jobs, Recruiting, Recruitment, Fuhu Inc Recruiting, Fuhu Inc Recruiting Facial Rigger