Seeking a Shader – Fuhu Inc. (Los Angeles)
Fuhu Inc., is the leading designer, seller and innovator of “thoughtful” consumer products and services for children. Creator of the nabi™ tablet, the world’s first tablet made just for kids, Fuhu provides an ecosystem of hardware, software services, and accessories to immerse kids in rich and engaging experiences. nabi ™ is available in all major U.S. retailers including Walmart, Best Buy, GameStop, and Target. Fuhu was named ‘the most promising company’ by Forbes Magazine in 2014, and also ranked #1 spot for ‘The Fastest-Growing Private US Companies’ of Inc. Magazine, 2014.
We are currently seeking a Shader Writer for Arnold to join our new fully CG animated series project. It is a great opportunity to participate in ground building of the team.
– Design, write, and set up Maya/Arnold shaders/shader networks and use them to achieve desired looks.
– Involved in look-development around key materials/shaders to ensure lighting delivers against visual reference
– Apply procedural shading techniques
– Creation and maintenance of shader libraries
– Tweaking of shaders/material and textures to improve the perception of the lighting
– Provide shader support to the texture team. Creation and maintenance of scripts for the texture team
– Placing, tweaking and scripting light sources within the environment
– Troubleshoot shader issues
– Proficient in Maya and Arnold. Knowledge of Nuke, Mantra and Mari is a big plus.
– Deep understanding of CG shading/lighting technology
– Experience writing shaders with python and C++
– Proven work experience in CG animation industry
– Thorough understanding of live-action and CG based VFX workflows and animation
– Familiar with pipeline tools and production management software
– Excellent artistic eyes for stylized animation look
– Highly organized, first-class time/project management skills
– Excellent written and verbal communication skills
– Must be eligible to work in the U.S.
– Reside in Los Angeles (within the area you can commute to the El Segundo office)
How to apply:
Please submit your resume as well as link to demo reel/previous artwork to firstname.lastname@example.org with the job title in the email subject line.
Fuhu Inc Recruiting Shader, Fuhu Inc, Fuhu Inc hiring, Fuhu Inc VFX, Fuhu Inc Jobs, Animation Jobs, VFX jobs, CG Jobs, 3D Jobs, Video Game Jobs, CGI, Jobs, Recruiting, Recruitment, Fuhu Inc Recruiting, Fuhu Inc Recruiting Shader