Fuse FX Recruiting Digital Matte Painter & System Engineer
Digital Matte Painter
FuseFX Vancouver is currently searching for Digital Matte Painters to join our creative team. The primary focus of this position is the creation and integration of photo realistic matte painting for episodic and feature projects. Candidate will work with a team of it professionals and support artists, producers, and supervisors. Candidates with a visual effects background and experience in episodic television production highly preferred.
FuseFX is an Emmy-award winning visual effects and animation studio focused on producing photo-real digital effects for feature film, episodic television, and commercials.
A FuseFX Digital Matte Painter is responsible for painting/creating photorealistic digital images then applying those images to geometry in a 3-D environment with consistent and seamless results. The responsibilities of the Digital Matte Painter include: reviewing client/company notes to determine the type, placement and number of matte painting elements required; examining the plates, clips and stills of the background and/or principal action, as available; examining and evaluating the look of computer graphics – animation, 3D modeling and technical effects – in an effort to integrate the digital matte painting; preparing tests of proposed matte painting to show to the VFX Supervisor and or client to apprise him or her of the progress and synchronization of the matte work; and finalizing and integrating the final elements.
The Matte Painter must be highly experienced in digital knowledge of the platforms, and of the various proprietary software programs utilized in CG work – principally, Photoshop image manipulation as well as competency in a 3D modeling software applications like Maya or 3D Studio Max. Working knowledge of compositing packages such as Nuke, Shake and After Effects is a welcome addition. . Knowledge of cameras, lenses, issues of perspective and parallax is necessary as well as a demonstrable ability to create photorealistic imagery with digital tools.
PLEASE SEND REELS AND RESUMES TO VANINFO@FUSEFX.COM
LOCAL APPLICANTS TO VANCOUVER PREFERRED. NO RELOCATION PROVIDED.
PRINCIPALS ONLY, NO CALLS PLEASE.
FUSEFX NY IS CURRENTLY SEARCHING FOR A SYSTEMS ENGINEER TO JOIN ITS TECHNOLOGY TEAM. THE PRIMARY FOCUS OF THIS POSITION IS SYSTEMS ARCHITECTURE AND INFRASTRUCTURE ENGINEERING. CANDIDATE WILL WORK TO IMPLEMENT AND IMPROVE THE EXISTING IN-HOUSE FUSEFX INFRASTRUCTURE, AS WELL AS INTEGRATE AND MAINTAIN VARIOUS THIRD-PARTY SYSTEMS AND PRODUCTS. CANDIDATES WILL CONTRIBUTE TO THE DESIGN OF FUTURE ARCHITECTURE IN ADDITION TO EVALUATING AND INTEGRATING THIRD-PARTY SOLUTIONS FOR HARDWARE, SOFTWARE, AND WORKFLOW FOR MAINTENANCE OF OPERATIONS ACROSS A MULTI-SITE WORLD-CLASS VISUAL EFFECTS FACILITY. CANDIDATES WITH A VISUAL EFFECTS BACKGROUND OR UNDERSTANDING HIGHLY PREFERRED.
FUSEFX IS AN EMMY AWARD-WINNING VISUAL EFFECTS AND ANIMATION STUDIO FOCUSED ON PRODUCING PHOTO-REAL DIGITAL EFFECTS FOR FEATURE FILM, EPISODIC TELEVISION AND COMMERCIALS.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
Perform in the following technical areas:
• Systems installation, configuration and operation
• Software installation
• Incident response and management
• Maintain high-level digital security standards required in a post-production environment.
• Develop and maintain written operational procedures for routine network management processes
• Administer servers and network services: AD, DNS, DHCP, SMB
• Administer network switches, network storage and associated tape backup system, Virtual Server Infrastructure, Databases, User accounts, Email technologies, Firewall, Internet and Digital Security, User support and troubleshooting
• Analyze and tune systems for performance, throughput, resource utilization, high availability, and scalability
• Evaluate system components, software, networking infrastructure and hardware peripherals for reliability, performance, scalability and security
• Research in order to maintain a working knowledge of relevant hardware and software applications, including emerging technologies
• Evaluate business requirements and make recommendations on systems design and hardware purchases to fulfill business needs
• Render Farm oversight
• Able to communicate effectively, verbally and in writing
• Documentation both new setups and fixes for issues encountered
• Provide solutions based on budgets and deadlines
• Experience working in TV, and/or post-production industry with a knowledge needed for support of 3dsMax, Maya, Houdini, Nuke, and other VFX-related packages and plugins
• Thinkbox Deadline Queue Manager experience a big plus
• Minimum 3 years’ experience in a professional systems engineering environment
• Solid knowledge of OSX and Windows platforms
• Experience building and operating high availability and high scalability computing systems
• Experience with virtualization, preferably VMware, required
• Experience with EMC Isilon products a plus
• Experience with switches/VLANs required
• Experience with routing a plus, specific experience with Brocade and/or Arista a plus, PaloAlto experience a plus
• Knowledge of databases including SQL, MySQL, PostgreSQL, MongoDB, Filemaker a plus
• Ability and desire to learn new technologies as required
• Ability to solve problems unsupervised and recommend proactive technical solutions
• Positive can-do attitude combined with the ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines
• Excellent communication and organizational skill with strong attention to detail
• Experience with setup/support of V-Rray, SynthEyes, RV, and Scratch a plus
• Bachelors in Computer Science, Information Systems, Media/Technology or comparable professional experience
PLEASE SEND RESUMES AND SALARY REQUIREMENTS TO NYINFO@FUSEFX.COM
LOCAL APPLICANTS TO NEW YORK CITY ONLY. NO RELOCATION PROVIDED.
PRINCIPALS ONLY, NO CALLS PLEASE.
Fuse FX Recruiting Digital Matte Painter & System Engineer, Fuse FX, Fuse FX hiring, Fuse FX Studio, Fuse FX Jobs, Vfx Jobs, CG Jobs, 3D Jobs, Video Game Jobs, Animation Jobs, Recruiting, Recruitment, CG, CGI, Jobs, Fuse FX Recruiting, Fuse FX Recruiting Digital Matte Painter, Fuse FX Recruiting System Engineer