FuseFX Recruiting IT Manager & Office Coordinator
FuseFX Vancouver is currently searching for an Information Technology Manager to join its Technology team. The primary focus of this position is the direction and management of the Technology Department including oversight of all Technology-related tasks. Candidates must have a Visual Effects background.
FuseX is a, award-winning visual effects studio focused on producing photo-real digital effects for episodic television, feature films, and commercials.
Responsibilities and Duties
Participate in strategic planning and implementation regarding technology
Work with CTO and Head of Technology on overall technology priorities and focus
Evaluate and integrate hardware, software, and workflow upgrades
Manage IT Staff
Act as primary liaison to between production management and technical employees
Employee schedules, ensure coverage is adequate for production needs
Oversee internal ticket system and make assignments to employees
Make recommendations on staffing needs
Evaluate and review people within department
Contribute to best practices/policies
Oversee implementation of internal policies
Spot checks and deeper penetration tests
Ensure compliance with contractual requirements
Backup / Disaster Recovery planning and testing
Virtualization (VMWare / Vsphere)
EMC Isilon storage systems
Active Directory including inter-platform authentication
Common licensing mechanisms including FlexLM and RLM
Scripting/automation of some type, Python a plus
General database support, Filemaker / MySQL a plus
Implementing Fast and Secure networks within the M&E Industry
Brocade and/or Palo Alto knowledge a plus
Supporting 2D and 3D artists / applications, Nuke and 3dsmax a plus
Supporting network rendering, Thinkbox Deadline a plus.
Integration of multiplatform OS environments (Windows / OSX / Linux)
Connecting and collaborating with multiple offices in remote locations
Supporting subscription-based software such as Adobe CC / O365
Cloud technology, Amazon a plus.
Bachelors in Computer Science, Information Systems or comparable professional experience
Minimum 7 years’ experience in a professional systems engineering environment
Positive can-do attitude combined with the ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines
Excellent communication and organizational skill with strong attention to detail
Please send resumes and salary requirements to email@example.com
Local Applicants to Vancouver only.
No calls. Principals only (no recruiters).
FuseFX in New York is seeking a reliable and experienced office coordinator.
FuseFX is an award-winning visual effects and animation studio focused on producing photo-real digital effects for feature film, episodic television and commercials.
• Restocking office (including kitchens and bathrooms) with necessary supplies, snacks, drinks, etc.
• Keeping an inventory of all office supplies & necessities and placing new supply orders on a regular basis (Costco, Amazon, Staples, IKEA, etc.)
• Keeping office areas clean and organized (free of clutter, boxes, dishes, etc.)
• Taking out trash and recycling as needed
• Receiving and distributing any mail, office supplies, or supply orders
• Support for receptionist/front desk duties – answering phones, receiving clients/visitors, checking media/drives in & out, regular restocking
• Backup support for receptionist shifts as needed, which may include opening (7am), nights, and weekends
• Ordering and distributing meals for employees as needed
• Communicating and coordinating any office problems or issues that may arise with upper management as needed
• Coordinating and receiving any outside workers/techs who may come to address office issues
• Miscellaneous office duties as needed (e.g. changing light bulbs, building office furniture, breaking down boxes, updating database, updating spreadsheets, event planning, various administrative tasks)
• Previous office coordination/administrative experience
• Previous experience with visual effects/post-production
• Great problem solving skills and strong initiative
• Great team player, comfortable in a dynamic work environment
• Strong communication skills (written and verbal)
Applicants should send a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject “Job Inquiry – Office Coordinator”
No calls please. Principals only.
FuseFX Recruiting IT Manager & Office Coordinator, Fuse FX, Fuse FX hiring, Fuse FX Studio, Fuse FX Jobs, Vfx Jobs, CG Jobs, 3D Jobs, Video Game Jobs, Animation Jobs, Recruiting, Recruitment, CG, CGI, Jobs, Fuse FX Recruiting, FuseFX Recruiting IT Manager, FuseFX Recruiting Office Coordinator, IT Manager, Office Coordinator