FuseFX Recruiting Jr. VFX Editor & Digital Matte Painter
Jr. VFX Editor
FuseFX New York is currently accepting resumes for the position of a full-time Junior VFX Editor. The ideal candidate is a self-motivated individual who can work independently, can multi-task and has excellent technical and organizational skills. In addition, the position requires an understanding of digital formats and post production workflows to troubleshoot and creatively problem solve editorial issues.
An ideal candidate will have an approachable and friendly demeanor, as the position involves frequent communication with the company’s producers, supervisors and digital artists. The ability to handle and explain technical issues with non-technical staff or clients, as well as the ability to juggle multiple projects simultaneously while keeping calm and maintaining an acute attention to detail is extremely important.
• Previous experience in an editorial environment, preferably in VFX
• Knowledge of at least one editing software package and the ability to read and understand EDLs (CMX3600) (Avid, Final Cut)
• Knowledge of different digital camera formats (RED, Alexa, Sony, etc)
• Knowledge of different file formats (Quicktime, MXF, DPX, JPG, etc)
• Basic knowledge of post-production (editorial and/or VFX) workflows
• Apple OS X
• Assimilate Scratch
• Adobe After Effects
• Avid Media Composer, Final Cut Pro, Compressor
• FTP, Aspera and other similar web-based file transport tools
• Python scripting
• Conform, prep and processing of plates and offlines for VFX artists and documenting turnover notes for producers
• Basic dailies color grading
• Hosting reviews for producers, supervisors, and clients while performing technical QC of shots
• Processing and QC of approved material during delivery back to clients
• Perform IO tasks including loading and unloading materials from drive or web (FTP, Aspera)
CANDIDATES MUST BE LOCAL RESIDENTS
PLEASE SEND RESUMES (PDF ONLY) TO email@example.com
No calls please.
Digital Matte Painter
FuseFX Vancouver is currently searching for Digital Matte Painters to join our creative team. The primary focus of this position is the creation and integration of photo realistic matte painting for episodic and feature projects. Candidate will work with a team of it professionals and support artists, producers, and supervisors. Candidates with a visual effects background and experience in episodic television production highly preferred.
FuseFX is an Emmy-award winning visual effects and animation studio focused on producing photo-real digital effects for feature film, episodic television, and commercials.
A FuseFX Digital Matte Painter is responsible for painting/creating photorealistic digital images then applying those images to geometry in a 3-D environment with consistent and seamless results. The responsibilities of the Digital Matte Painter include: reviewing client/company notes to determine the type, placement and number of matte painting elements required; examining the plates, clips and stills of the background and/or principal action, as available; examining and evaluating the look of computer graphics – animation, 3D modeling and technical effects – in an effort to integrate the digital matte painting; preparing tests of proposed matte painting to show to the VFX Supervisor and or client to apprise him or her of the progress and synchronization of the matte work; and finalizing and integrating the final elements.
The Matte Painter must be highly experienced in digital knowledge of the platforms, and of the various proprietary software programs utilized in CG work – principally, Photoshop image manipulation as well as competency in a 3D modeling software applications like Maya or 3D Studio Max. Working knowledge of compositing packages such as Nuke, Shake and After Effects is a welcome addition. . Knowledge of cameras, lenses, issues of perspective and parallax is necessary as well as a demonstrable ability to create photorealistic imagery with digital tools.
PLEASE SEND REELS AND RESUMES TO VANINFO@FUSEFX.COM
LOCAL APPLICANTS TO VANCOUVER PREFERRED. NO RELOCATION PROVIDED.
PRINCIPALS ONLY, NO CALLS PLEASE.
FuseFX Recruiting Jr. VFX Editor & Digital Matte Painter, Fuse FX, Fuse FX hiring, Fuse FX Studio, Fuse FX Jobs, Vfx Jobs, CG Jobs, 3D Jobs, Video Game Jobs, Animation Jobs, Recruiting, Recruitment, CG, CGI, Jobs, Fuse FX Recruiting, FuseFX Recruiting Jr. VFX Editor, FuseFX Recruiting Digital Matte Painter