Gameloft Barcelona is hiring a Game Designer
GAMELOFT, present in 20 countries around Europe, North America and Asia (more than 5,000 employees), is a leading international developer and distributor of video games looking for new talent to reinforce its creation teams.
Gameloft Barcelona, the studio behind the mobile gaming hits Despicable me: Minion Rush and Asphalt 8 is hiring!
Game designers offer their teams creative propositions in design and implementation of gameplay mechanics and features. Their main responsibilities are:
– Design fun and immersive gameplay mechanics, features and story;
– Benchmarking: Documentation and analyzing abilities;
– Intelligent behavior design, using general game concepts to create inspired and original environments;
– Team coordination: Coordinating graphics and development teams assigned to the project with the producer.
– Strong knowledge of Game Design basic rules (gameplay, learning curve, directing, difficulty balancing, pacing, reward, accessibility…);
– Able to convey ideas concisely and as part of a detailed analysis, and to clearly formalize complex concepts and ideas;
– Able to illustrate and/or prototype your ideas visually using standard industry production tools (Photoshop, Flash, Sketch-up, 3D Studio Max, Unity, Blitz, etc.);
– High visual creativity and passion for creating video games;
– Knowledge of classic console video games, their flagship titles and their audience;
– Knowledge of programming languages (object-oriented and natural language programming) is a plus.
– Leadership, motivation and ability to communicate as part of the project development team;
– Able to listen to feedback from other people and constantly critique your work to achieve the best possible quality;
– Excellent level of English.
– Design / Composition: Able to draw sketches and digitally create images or videos.
– Good general knowledge (history, literature, science, entertainment) and a sense of aesthetics for creating general style guides;
– Experience in video games, notably Nintendo DS and/or Wii projects.
Opportunity to learn in a professional environment with people who have a passion for creating video games.
Open working climate with young, dynamic teams from around the world.
Salary based upon experience and merit.
Permanent contract, full-time job and additional merit pay system.
Motivating social benefits.
Excellent Studio location.
Interested applicants should send their CV and motivation letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Gameloft Barcelona is hiring a Game Designer, games, gamer, vfx jobs, cg jobs, 3d jobs, vfx, animator jobs, jobs, cgi, Gameloft hiring, Gameloft jobs