Gameloft Recruiting 3D Character Artist
3D Character Artist
Are you looking for a team of dynamic and talented people who are passionate about video games? Are you looking for a studio where diversity, open-mindedness and creativity are omnipresent? You’ve found the right place!
Following the development of many successful titles on iPhone such as the Modern Combat, Dungeon Hunter, Gangstar and Asphalt franchises, Gameloft Montreal is currently seeking a 3D Character Artist to collaborate on its next generation of iPhone, iPad and Android games.
Gameloft creates games for smartphones, feature phones and tablets, as well as new digital platforms such as set-top boxes, connected TVs and HTML5 browsers. Founded in 1999 and a top innovator in its field, Gameloft distributes its games in over 100 countries. www.gameloft.com
Main Tasks and Responsibilities
As part of a team based in Montreal with international reach, you will participate in creating 3D characters for several mobile projects with varied graphical universes.
• Work in collaboration with international production teams and the World Art Director
• Create high- and low-resolution characters (next-gen limitations)
• Create clothing and all other accessories related to characters
• Perform UV/texturing on organic and mechanical models
• Experience in video games (at least one AAA production to your credit)
• Familiar with topological modeling limitations (high- and low-resolution)
• Expert knowledge in traditional 3D modeling workflows (3ds Max or Maya) texture creation and material creation
• Expert knowledge in new production tools: ZBrush, xNormal, DDO/NDO, Substance Designer/Painter, Knald, etc. (albedo, roughness, normal, spec, AO, etc.)
• Knowledge in advanced baking techniques (normal, AO, cavity, spec, gloss)
•Advanced knowledge in using 2D tools (i.e. Photoshop)
• Solid knowledge and understanding of human anatomy with the ability to faithfully reproduce proportions, shapes and details
• Able to interpret 2D concepts/sketches correctly when creating 3D models
• Interest in varied graphic styles (cartoonish/stylized/photorealistic)
• Passionate about video games and motivated
• Good visual culture in various fields (architecture, design, movies, comics, games, etc.)
• Open-minded and curious
• rganized, efficient and independent
• Able to work under pressure
In order for us to consider your application, we will need your portfolio or samples of your work (demos, animations, images, websites, etc.). Please indicate the address of your website and portfolio if you have one.
Only selected candidates will be contacted. Your CV will be saved in our files for a period of 6 months. Thank you for your interest in Gameloft.
Why work for Gameloft?
• Join one of the most exciting sectors today and collaborate on projects with partners and clients that include Apple, Microsoft, Nokia, Google, Nintendo, Samsung, Marvel and others
• Experience an exceptional, dynamic, challenging and motivating working environment within a fast-growing company.
• Opportunity to learn in a professional environment with passionate people
• Work in an open working climate with dynamic teams from around the world where you can communicate with colleagues from other countries and cultures on a daily basis
• Enjoy excellent local working conditions and benefits (high-quality office space, group insurance, discounts with various companies, etc.)
• Flexible hours, paid personal days, and 3 weeks of vacation for a better work/life balance
Apply here:- firstname.lastname@example.org
Gameloft Recruiting 3D Character Artist, Gameloft VFX, Gameloft hiring, Gameloft Jobs, VFX Jobs, Animation Jobs, CG Jobs, Video Game Jobs, Jobs, CGI, Recruiting, Recruitment, Gameloft Recruiting, Gameloft Recruiting 3D Character Artist