Gameloft Recruiting 3D Modeler
Gameloft creates games for all digital platforms, including mobile phones, smartphones and tablets (including Apple® iOS and Android® devices), set-top boxes and connected TVs. Founded in 1999 and a top innovator in its field, Gameloft distributes its games in over 100 countries.
Gameloft Barcelona, the studio behind the mobile gaming hits Despicable Me: Minion Rush and Asphalt 8, is currently seeking experienced 3D artists specialized in vehicles and hard-surface modeling to create in-game models of racing cars for a high-profile game project. The Barcelona based development studio has consistently created high quality, critically acclaimed games for mobile platforms and is now expanding.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
• Create 3D models for vehicles, level props, and character weapons in both low- and high-polygon counts, depending on the project.
• Create textures for modeled material using diffuse, specular and normal maps, and use good UV layout distribution to maximize quality.
• Understand and respect the identity and techniques of the project as established by the Art and Technical Directors.
• Implement models using shaders and commercial or custom real-time lighting solutions for models to be used both in games and in cinematics.
• Create assets used for art direction and gameplay prototypes.
• Work directly with the programming and game design teams in the implementation process to ensure optimal use of polygons, shaders and textures.
• Knowledge of 3ds Max and Photoshop
• Able to model in high-polygon counts
• Experience in both modeling and texturing detailed hard surface props and intricate mechanical elements.
• Able to approach and manage mesh detail, lighting and shading techniques effectively in both high-polygon and low-polygon environments.
• Able to optimize low-polygon or mid-low-polygon models while taking aesthetic and technical considerations into account.
• General knowledge of art and technical standards for vehicle design in games.
• Knowledge of mesh topology optimization techniques.
• Understanding of vehicle design and a passion for car racing games.
• Affinity for a realistic 3D art style.
• Experience in high-polygon sculpting (ZBrush, Mudbox, etc).
• Background as a technical artist a major asset.
• Previous experience in vehicle modeling for games
• Opportunity to learn in a professional environment with people who have a passion for creating video games.
• We offer a supportive working climate with young, dynamic teams from around the world.
• Free communication style.
• Salary based upon experience and merit.
• Permanent contract, full-time job and additional merit pay system.
• Interesting social benefits.
• Excellent location in Barcelona.
Interested applicants should send their CV and samples or demo reel to firstname.lastname@example.org (reference: 3D Vehicle and Weapons Artist)
Gameloft Recruiting 3D Modeler, games, gamer, vfx jobs, cg jobs, 3d jobs, vfx, animator jobs, jobs, cgi, Gameloft hiring, Gameloft jobs, Technical Artist, 3D Modeler