3D Technical Director – Gameloft Montréal – Canada
Are you looking for a team of dynamic and talented people who are passionate about video games? Are you looking for a studio where diversity, open-mindedness and creativity are omnipresent? You’ve found the right place!
Following the development of many successful titles on iPhone such as the Modern Combat, Dungeon Hunter, Gangstar and Asphalt franchises, Gameloft Montreal is currently seeking a 3D Technical Director to work on high-quality CGI trailers for its next generation of iPhone, iPad and Android games.
Gameloft creates video games for smartphones, mobile phones and tablets, as well as new digital platforms such as set-top boxes, connected TVs and HTML5 browsers. Founded in 1999 and a top innovator in its field, Gameloft distributes its games in over 100 countries.
Main Tasks and Responsibilities
As part of the cinematics team, the selected candidate will help produce high-quality trailers for the latest creations of Gameloft studios in North America (Montreal, Toronto, New Orleans, and Seattle). The Technical Director will be responsible for creating and maintaining new tools used in the CGI pipeline and will work with the CG Supervisor, as well as all department managers.
· Understand project requirements and develop the animation production pipeline
· Work with the production team to develop creative concepts and design solutions
· Develop work procedures to complete projects within given deadlines and budgets
· Supervise the CG animators daily activities to ensure quality and productivity
· Assign tasks and keep a schedule for the animation team
· Solve technical challenges and questions from the team quickly to avoid production bottlenecks delays
· Experience in development using 3ds Max (MAXScript)
· Experience in development using Shotgun (Python)
· Experience in development using other applications, such as Nuke (Python)
· Very good understanding of the CGI creation process, from storyboards to compositing
· Strong problem-solving skills for issues related to CGI video production and management
· Able to prioritize depending on production needs
· Excellent communication skills and able to document your work
· Able to multitask
· Knowledge of problems that may arise when using automated tools and able to maintain these tools
· Good artistic skills are considered an asset
· Interest in various graphical styles (cartoonish/stylized/photorealistic)
· Good visual culture in various fields (architecture, design, movies, comics, games, etc.)
· Open-minded, curious and self-critical
· Organized, efficient and independent
· Attentive to detail
· Motivated and passionate about videos
In order for us to consider your application, we will need your portfolio or samples of your work (demos, animations, images, websites, etc.). Please indicate the address of your website and portfolio if you have one.
Please send your creations, CV and cover letter to the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Only selected candidates will be contacted. Your CV will be saved in our files for a period of 6 months. Thank you for your interest in Gameloft.
Why work for Gameloft?
Join one of the most exciting sectors today and collaborate on projects with partners and clients that include Apple, Microsoft, Nokia, Google, Nintendo, Samsung, Marvel and others
Experience an exceptional, dynamic, challenging and motivating working environment within a fast-growing company.
Opportunity to learn in a professional environment with passionate people
Work in an open working climate with dynamic teams from around the world where you can communicate with colleagues from other countries and cultures on a daily basis
Enjoy excellent local working conditions and benefits (high-quality office space, group insurance, discounts with various companies, etc.)
Flexible hours, paid personal days, and 3 weeks of vacation for a better work/life balance
Gameloft Recruiting 3D Technical Director, Gameloft VFX, Gameloft hiring, Gameloft Jobs, VFX Jobs, Animation Jobs, CG Jobs, Video Game Jobs, Jobs, CGI, Recruiting, Recruitment, Gameloft Recruiting, Gameloft Recruiting 3D Technical Director