Gameloft Recruiting 3D Vehicle Artist
3D Vehicle Artist
Gameloft Barcelona, the studio behind the mobile gaming hits Despicable Me: Minion Rush and Asphalt 8, is currently seeking experienced 3D artists specialized in vehicles and hard-surface modeling to create in-game models of racing cars for a high-profile game project. The Barcelona based development studio has consistently created high quality, critically acclaimed games for mobile platforms and is now expanding.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
• Create 3D models for vehicles, level props, and character weapons in both low- and high-polygon counts, depending on the project.
• Create textures for modeled material using diffuse, specular and normal maps, and use good UV layout distribution to maximize quality.
• Understand and respect the identity and techniques of the project as established by the Art and Technical Directors.
• Implement models using shaders and commercial or custom real-time lighting solutions for models to be used both in games and in cinematics.
• Create assets used for art direction and gameplay prototypes.
• Work directly with the programming and game design teams in the implementation process to ensure optimal use of polygons, shaders and textures.
• Knowledge of 3ds Max and Photoshop
• Able to model in high-polygon counts
• Experience in both modeling and texturing detailed hard surface props and intricate mechanical elements.
• Able to approach and manage mesh detail, lighting and shading techniques effectively in both high-polygon and low-polygon environments.
• Able to optimize low-polygon or mid-low-polygon models while taking aesthetic and technical considerations into account.
• General knowledge of art and technical standards for vehicle design in games.
• Knowledge of mesh topology optimization techniques.
• Understanding of vehicle design and a passion for car racing games.
• Affinity for a realistic 3D art style.
• Experience in high-polygon sculpting (ZBrush, Mudbox, etc).
• Background as a technical artist a major asset.
• Previous experience in vehicle modeling for games
• Opportunity to learn in a professional environment with people who have a passion for creating video games.
• We offer a supportive working climate with young, dynamic teams from around the world.
• Free communication style.
• Salary based upon experience.
• Permanent contract, full-time job and additional merit pay system.
• Interesting social benefits.
• Excellent geographical location in Barcelona.
Interested applicants should send their CV and samples or demo reel to firstname.lastname@example.org (reference: 3D Vehicle Artist)
Gameloft Recruiting 3D Vehicle Artist, Gameloft, Gameloft VFX, Gameloft hiring, Gameloft Jobs, VFX Jobs, Animation Jobs, CG Jobs, Video Game Jobs, Jobs, CGI, Recruiting, Recruitment, Gameloft Recruiting, Gameloft Recruiting 3D Vehicle Artist