Gameloft Recruiting Senior 2D/3D Artist
Senior 2D/3D Artist
Are you looking for a team of dynamic and talented people who are passionate about video games? Are you looking for a studio where diversity, open-mindedness and creativity are everywhere? You’ve found the right place!
Following the development of many successful titles on iPhone, such as the Modern Combat, Dungeon Hunter, Gangstar and Asphalt franchises, Gameloft Montreal is currently seeking a Senior 2D/3D Artist to collaborate on its next generation of iPhone, iPad and Android games.
Gameloft creates games for all digital platforms, including smartphones, mobile phones and tablets (including Apple® iOS and Android® devices), set-top boxes and connected TVs. Founded in 1999 and a top innovator in its field, Gameloft distributes its games in over 100 countries. www.gameloft.com
Main Tasks and Responsibilities
Reporting to the Art Director, the successful candidate will be in charge of creating 2D and 3D graphical assets in close collaboration with the game designers and the team’s artists.
• Create 2D and 3D graphical assets throughout production (concept/artistic supervision/character design/modelling/texturing/shading) under the supervision of the Lead Graphic Designer/Art Director.
• Participate in the development of technical directives and in the production process.
• A diploma in art from a college, university or equivalent
• Perfect understanding of all aspects of graphical asset creation
• Good understanding of lighting and shading techniques
• Good understanding of performance optimisation techniques and the ability to put in place efficient production methods
• Mastery of 3ds Max (and/or other 3D software), Photoshop, ZBrush
• Excellent knowledge of topological constraints
• Experience with V-Ray/Mental Ray rendering engines is an asset
• Knowledge of traditional drawing and illustration (relief, light, material, perspective, colours, etc.)
• Experience in the video game industry – AAA experience preferred
Skills and Profile
• Motivated and passionate about video games
• Familiar with contemporary media (web, games, comics, film, animation, etc.)
• Open, curious and self-critical
• Organised, efficient and independent
• Able to work under pressure
• Demonstrates creativity and an ability to adapt to different game styles as well as different graphical styles (pixel, cartoon, realistic, illustration, etc.)
In order for your application to be considered, you must submit a portfolio or other samples of your work (demos, images, animation, websites, etc.). Please make sure to provide us with the address of your website or portfolio.
Please forward this information to the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Only selected candidates will be contacted. Your CV will be saved in our files for a period of 6 months. Thank you for your interest in Gameloft.
Why work for Gameloft?
• Join one of the most exciting sectors today and collaborate on projects with partners and clients that include Apple, Microsoft, Nokia, Google, Nintendo, Samsung, Marvel and others
• Experience an exceptional, dynamic, challenging and motivating working environment within a fast-growing company
• Opportunity to learn in a professional environment with passionate people
• Work in an open working climate with dynamic teams from around the world where you can communicate with colleagues from other countries and cultures on a daily basis
• Enjoy excellent local working conditions and benefits (high-quality office space, group insurance, discounts with different companies, etc.)
• Flexible hours, paid personal days, and 3 weeks of vacation for a better work/life balance
Gameloft Recruiting Senior 2D/3D Artist, games, gamer, vfx jobs, cg jobs, 3d jobs, vfx, animator jobs, jobs, cgi, Gameloft hiring, Gameloft jobs, 2D/3D Artist