Accountant/Bookkeeper for VFX Company!
We are storytellers. Goldtooth is a rare hybrid of a creative agency and full-service production studio. Each member of the Goldtooth team is a master of their craft, working with some of the hottest franchises in the video game industry and feature film VFX from concept to completion. As the recipient of numerous industry awards and accolades, Goldtooth attacks its projects with creativity and precision, always delivering on quality.
About the Position
Reporting to the Executive Producer, the Accountant is responsible for maintaining cash, processing vendor invoices, issuing progress billings (and managing receivable collections), processing of bi-weekly payroll (hourly and salaried), HST/WCB/T4 filings, bank reconciliation, journal entries, general ledger account analyses and financial/budget reports. This position performs these duties with accuracy, timeliness and in accordance with the Company’s policies and procedures.
1. Update and reconcile cash daily, and bank deposits
2. Prepare petty cash reports for fund replenishing
3. Prepare expense reports and cheque receipts for managers and field employees
4. Enter vendor invoices, run and reconcile payables aging reports
5. Prepare bi-weekly cheque-run for vendor payments and when required as requested
6. Process vendor credit applications
7. Analyze office overhead charges and employee benefits
8. Prepare monthly HST returns
9. Prepare and remit quarterly WCB premium remittances
10. Manage payroll including preparing monthly journal entries to allocate salaries to the appropriate accounts and liaising with the Executive Producer to ensure employee records are accurate and reconciled to payroll reports
11. Reconcile year-end T4s with payroll, prepare T4s and T4 Summary
12. Assist the Executive Producer in preparing the monthly budget
13. Analyze all proposal budgets to support RFP’s
14. Prepare Budget/Actual analysis for all projects
15. Liaise with Corporate accountant for year-end financial statements and corporate tax return
16. Lead in managing SR&ED tracking/accounting and annual filing for SR&ED credits
17. Proactive in enforcing internal reporting deadlines
• Good to great working experience with QuickBooks and QuickBooks payroll
• Experience in designing and implementing monthly and annual forecasts.
• Experience supporting corporate reporting to financial institutions.
• Ability to communicate in a friendly, personable and professional manner.
• A proactive communicator.
• Excellent organizational skills.
• Thrives in a dynamic, team environment.
• Flexible and adaptable to changing demands and priorities.
• Comfortable multi-tasking.
How to Apply:
Please send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com
Goldtooth Creative Recruiting Accountant/Bookkeeper, Goldtooth Creative hiring, Goldtooth Creative VFX, Goldtooth Creative Studio, Goldtooth Creative Jobs, Animation jobs, VFX Jobs, CG Jobs, 3D Jobs, Video Game Jobs, Recruiting, Recruitment, CGI, Jobs, Goldtooth Creative Recruiting, Accountant/Bookkeeper