Animation Supervisor for Goldtooth Creative!
We are storytellers. Goldtooth is a rare hybrid of a creative agency and full-service production studio. Each member of the Goldtooth team is a master of their craft, working with some of the hottest franchises in the video game industry and feature film VFX from concept to completion. As the recipient of numerous industry awards and accolades, Goldtooth attacks its projects with creativity and precision, always delivering on quality.
About the Position
An Animation Supervisor is the person in charge of all aspects of the animation process during the production of an animated film or animated segment for a project. This may include directing the character design, background animation, and any other aspect of animation.
· Being a lead proves how responsible you are to Goldtooth. The crew depends on the Leads of departments to keep the production moving and keep the plan on track.
· Review shots, approve shots, assign revisions, troubleshoot shots.
· Ensure quality goals of animation.
· Request improvements and review rigs with the Supervisor, Rigging
· Estimate work loads for new business (bids) with the Executive Producer- Business Development and Studio Executive Producer
· Write animation tools or work with tools team (when time permits)
· Oversee the animation department: Is responsible for: participating in recruitment where needed and working with Studio Executive Producer and Producer in managing the overall budget.
· Provide feedback to the Animators and team of the production by attending dailies on a regular basis.
· Maintains or exceeds a consistent level of productivity while meeting deadlines and producing high quality work.
· Attend any relevant meetings to promote effective communication throughout the production team.
· Participate in the recruiting and staffing of team with the HR Director and Studio Executive Producer and assesses the profiles of prospective candidates for hiring.
· Monitors Animators and must be able to assist them with their shots.
· Performs other tasks related to the creation of computer-generated animation.
· 8+ years experience working in computer animation.
· Expert knowledge of traditional animation principles, acting, film production and compositional design.
· Expert knowledge of Maya and other software programs.
· Good organization and communication skills.
· Demonstrated artistic ability.
· Strong attention to detail.
· Ability to learn quickly and assimilate new information.
· Strong communication skills required.
· Good interpersonal and organizational skills.
· A strong reel demonstrating a variety of different styles of animation including pieces, which showcase the candidate’s performance and action abilities.
· Proven experience as a Modeling Lead, Rigging Lead or Animation Lead
· 5+ year experience of games or film.
· Strong knowledge and technical understanding of animation pipelines and workflows
· Ability to present the work of your team and communicate the vision to others
· Understand motion capture techniques and application (face and body)
How to Apply
Please submit your resume and a link to your demo reel to firstname.lastname@example.org
Goldtooth Creative Recruiting Animation Supervisor, Goldtooth Creative hiring, Goldtooth Creative VFX, Goldtooth Creative Studio, Goldtooth Creative Jobs, Animation jobs, VFX Jobs, CG Jobs, 3D Jobs, Video Game Jobs, Recruiting, Recruitment, CGI, Jobs, Goldtooth Creative Recruiting, Animation Supervisor