Goldtooth Creative Recruiting FX Artist
About the Position
The FX Artist is responsible for developing and producing aesthetically hi quality FX work that meets the challenges of productions deadlines. You are someone who is able to problem solve, work within a given framework, while creating efficient technical workflow solutions that meet the guidelines of a given production. Most importantly, you are able to engage as a enthusiastic team player and follow creative direction to assure all FX efforts achieve their visual target.
· Use an array of commercial and proprietary software tools to produce photorealistic simulations of real-world phenomena while developing innovative solutions to complex problems
· Produce test and often final renders of FX elements for a shot
· Create working test composites for review by the CG Supervisor, Creative Director and Producer
· Work in partnership with lighters & compositors to ensure shots are delivered to the very highest standard
· Stay on schedule and meet deadlines while maintaining the highest quality of work
· 1-3 years of similar experience in either feature films and/or visual effects.
· Knowledge and experience creating run time game engine FX is an asset.
· Demonstrated experience in producing effects such as smoke, fire, clouds, water, steam and explosions, plus experience with particle rendering voxel based systems
· An eye for detail, good sense of timing, and through understanding of techniques and technologies relating to physical simulation in computer graphics
· Extensive knowledge of Maya and/ or Houdini
· Familiarity with pipeline issues and problem solving
· Knowledge of a node based compositing application (Nuke preferred), and a solid understanding of the compositing process
· Strong understanding of Linux/Unix based operating systems
· Creative problem solver with good attention to detail
· Ability to work well under pressure and meet deadlines, while maintaining high quality results
· Ability to work as part of a team as well as alone
How to Apply
Please submit your resume and a link to your demo reel to email@example.com
Goldtooth Creative Recruiting FX Artist, Goldtooth Creative, Goldtooth Creative hiring, Goldtooth Creative VFX, Goldtooth Creative Studio, Goldtooth Creative Jobs, Animation jobs, VFX Jobs, CG Jobs, 3D Jobs, Video Game Jobs, Recruiting, Recruitment, CGI, Jobs, Goldtooth Creative Recruiting, Goldtooth Creative Recruiting FX Artist