Zoic Studios is an Award winning Visual Effects company made up of accomplished artists and producers who understand story, process, and relationships. Partnership, integrity, and enthusiasm are our key founding principles.
“Visual Evolution” is our mission. We invest in constantly improving our technological and studio processes so that our artists can focus on being creative even in the fast paced world of film. We apply these principles to our work on some of the most VFX intensive film and television projects out there. We like a challenge. Do you?
We are currently seeking an entry level Help Desk/ IT Systems Support person to join our Engineering Department in Vancouver, BC. This ideal candidate must be highly motivated and organized with great communication skills. You will be the face of the department on the front lines of production. The main responsibility will be assisting users with various production issues.
- Taking direction and anticipating needs
- Performing assigned tasks with particular attention to detail
- Troubleshooting hardware/software and peripheral devices
- Installation of various production software packages
- Setup and configuration of employee workstations
- Employee account creation
- Monitoring / notification of disk space usage for projects
- Writing/updating documentation and KB articles
- Keeping Engineering work and storage spaces clean and organized
- Keeping inventory of all equipment
- Assembling / Disassembling computers
- Previous experience working effectively in a similar fast paced environment
- Proven ability to troubleshoot and work independently on projects without supervision
- Excellent written and verbal communication (good opportunity to use your cover letter here!)
- Proactive team player with positive ‘can do!’ attitude even in high pressure situations
- Ability to work extended evening and weekend hours to meet production needs
- Ability to safely lift up to 50 pounds
- Reliable transportation to and from work for late night shifts/IT emergency response.
- Scripting/programming knowledge is an asset
- Windows 7 / OSX
- Basic Networking (IP, DNS, DHCP, VLANs)
- Command line
This is a full-time position temporary position to start w/ possibility to become permanent full time.
Please email CV and link to reel to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject “IT/Help Desk ” and your full name in the subject