Industrial Light & Magic 2D Visual Effects Apprentices for the Jedi Masters Program
Jedi Masters Program – 2D Visual Effects apprentice
Company: Industrial Light & Magic
Location: Singapore (Singapore)
Start Date: immediately
Company: Lucasfilm Animation Company Singapore
2D Visual Effects Apprentices for the Jedi Masters Program will hone their skills through participation in a paid six-month apprenticeship program combining in-class tools training and on-floor, project-based mentorship at Industrial Light & Magic’s Singapore studio. We are looking for candidates with a strong base of knowledge in creating 2D computer-generated imagery. Apprentices will further their abilities as visual effects artists specializing in the areas of Rotoscoping, Paint, Plate Reconstruction and Compositing.
• Create mattes, selections and masks using a variety of techniques including green/blue screen extraction, luminance keys and articulated rotoscoping techniques.
• Modify and remove isolated elements for digitally composited sequences using both procedural and hand painted methods (including projections, tracking, etc).
• Composite multiple elements from a variety of sources into seamless final shots.
• Perform all tasks associated with the compositing process, including 2D tracking, matte extraction, layering of elements, and color grading.
• Work with competency, energy and enthusiasm within a team environment.
• Demonstrate good listening and communication skills by openly receiving direction and criticism.
• Ability to ask good questions to confirm clear understanding of the direction and the approach to the work.
• Demonstrate basic presentation/communication skills in daily reviews by clearly and briefly outlining what has been accomplished.
• Demonstrate the development of an artistic eye.
• Demonstrate the ability to prioritize tasks and manage time well.
Education and Experience
• Diploma/Bachelor’s Degree
• Prefer a minimum of 3 years of professional work experience in computer graphics.
Fresh graduates, and applicants with less experience and exceptional skills, will also be considered.
• Show-reel or portfolio demonstrating Compositing, Rotoscoping, and digital painting skills.
Demonstrable knowledge of color, lighting, perspective, and composition is required.
• Fluency in Photoshop is preferred.
• Experience using node-based compositing software (such as Nuke) is preferred.
• Familiarity with CG fundamentals and terminology is preferred.
• Familiarity with photography or cinematography is preferred.
Apply here:- www.lucasfilm.apply2jobs.com/ProfExt/index.cfm?fuseaction=mExternal.showJob&RID=5659
Industrial Light & Magic 2D Visual Effects Apprentices for the Jedi Masters Program, Industrial Light & Magic San Francisco Recruiting, vfx jobs, cg jobs, 3d jobs, vfx, animator jobs, jobs, cgi, Industrial Light & Magic hiring, Industrial Light & Magic jobs, ILM, ILM jobs, 3d, 3d jobs