Industrial Light & Magic Recruiting Contract Administrator
Company: Industrial Light & Magic
Location: San Francisco (United States)
Start Date: immediately
The Contract Administrator reports to the Sr Manager, Contract Administration. This position provides general contract administration and paralegal support for the Business Affairs department, including support for attorneys and other contract administrators, with a primary focus of support for the production, distribution, publicity/marketing and ancillary licensing of Lucasfilm’s film and television properties and content. This person must be able to learn and handle a wide variety of legal tasks as needed by the department.
• Draft, negotiate and complete agreements, amendments, and legal letters under the supervision of Business Affairs attorneys, other contract administrators and other company executives relating to production of feature and television productions.
• Serve as liaison between Business Affairs, internal departments, related and affiliated companies, and/or outside vendors regarding digital anti-piracy issues and other IP security matters.
• Assist in administering music, still photo, film footage, and other ancillary licenses and permissions.
• Assist in content and marketing clearances involving copyright and trademark.
• Assist in analyzing and interpreting legal documents to determine contractual rights and obligations; prepare contract abstracts for quick reference regarding business and financial terms.
• Maintain status reports of outstanding agreements, monitor contracts for future obligations, expiration dates and other contractual deadlines, and ensure timely and consistent follow through on all contract deal points.
• Coordinate with executive assistants in other departments in execution of documents, as needed.
• Assist with special projects as needed.
• Bachelor’s Degree with a minimum of 5 years’ experience as a contract administrator or transactional paralegal.
• Paralegal certificate preferred.
• Strong experience in drafting agreements and legal correspondence required.
• Strong communication skills (written and verbal).
• Ability to work independently with a high level of initiative.
• Ability to work well in a team environment.
• Ability to deal with highly sensitive and confidential information.
• Ability to perform routine work with excellent accuracy and attention to detail, with a strong sense of responsibility and follow-through.
• Must be service oriented and be able to interact effectively and professionally with all levels of an organization, outside clients, and vendors.
• Must work well under pressure within an extremely fast-paced, multi-project, tight deadline environment.
• Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and contract administration data bases.
• Film and television production, distribution and licensing experience and knowledge of the Lucasfilm properties preferred.
• Experience administering all production-related, distribution-related, and licensing-related matters preferred, including the following: content distribution agreements; talent and writer agreements; location, music and marketing clearances; personal releases; guild matters; copyrights and trademarks; submission releases; infringement claims; and, non-disclosure agreements.
Apply here:- https://www.lucasfilm.apply2jobs.com/ProfExt/index.cfm?fuseaction=mExternal.showJob&RID=6236
Industrial Light & Magic Recruiting Contract Administrator, Industrial Light & Magic, Industrial Light & Magic hiring, Industrial Light & Magic jobs, Industrial Light & Magic VFX, Animation Jobs, 3D Animation Jobs, VFX Jobs, CG Jobs, 3D Jobs, Video Game Jobs, CG, CGI, Jobs, Recruiting, Recruitment, Industrial Light & Magic Recruiting, Industrial Light & Magic Recruiting Contract Administrator