Industrial Light & Magic Recruiting Creature Technical Director & Senior Post Production Supervisor
Creature Technical Director
Category: Technical Director
Company: Industrial Light & Magic
Location: Singapore (Singapore)
Start Date: immediately
Company: Industrial Light & Magic Singapore
Creature TDs are responsible for setting up and running flesh-surface, hair, cloth, rigid body simulations as well as able to wrangle rigging and creature pipeline issues proficiently under the direction and guidance of their supervisors.
Set up and run proprietary cloth, hair, flesh surfaces and rigid body simulations
Hero-creature enveloping using a combination of commercial software packages and proprietary tools
Run flesh-volume simulations
Wrangle creature rigging issues for artists in other disciplines
Mentor entry level artists
Script utilities/tools/plug-ins in various software packages
Create dynamic simulations in packages such as Maya/XSI
Wrangle creature pipeline issues for artists in other disciplines, such as:
MOCAP data re-targeting in XSI/Maya;
Act as wrangler for a creature and/or a specific technique used across multiple creatures
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent degree in Computer Science, computer visualization, or
computer animation required.
At least 3 years work experience required in 3D CGI for digital animation, visual effects or
producing cg characters and creatures for visual media.
Proficiency with Linux is required.
Expertise with Maya and/or other high-end animation software is required.
Experience with C++, mel, python, or other scripting languages is desirable.
Feature Film experience required.
Experience in corrective sculpting. Knowledge of anatomy and enveloping
A demo reel demonstrating artistic and technical ability is required for this role.
Senior Post Production Supervisor
Company: Industrial Light & Magic
Location: San Francisco (United States)
Start Date: immediately
The Senior Post Production Supervisor will play an essential, “Second-in-Command” role to the VP of Post Production – managing the Lucasfilm Post Production entity “Post Central” as well as holding a key role in the supervision of the entire post production process from pre-production through to final domestic & international delivery of multiple, often simultaneous live-action & animated motion picture and television projects.
Under the lead of the VP of Post Production, the Senior Post Production Supervisor will:
• Ensure that post production on all Lucasfilm live action & animated movies and television shows is responsibly finished on time & budget, while still meeting the artistic & managerial needs of the Director, Producers, Post Production teams, Legal/Business Affairs, Production Accounting and Studio Executives.
• Oversee project-hire Post Supervisors on Lucasfilm productions world-wide, providing proactive supervision in the areas of budgeting, scheduling, team management, post production workflows, sound, VFX, BTS/EPK, international dubbing, and music vendors – especially for major theatrical releases.
• Manage the day-to-day of Lucasfilm Post Central and work with the staff Post Production Coordinator to improve workflows and increase efficiency for all Lucasfilm productions and clients, including ILM, Skywalker Sound, Disney Studios, and external vendors globally.
• Assist VP of Post Production with planning for future projects and technical innovations to help foster greater creative flexibility and efficiency. Play an active role in research and proof of concept testing for new technical initiatives.
• Provide expert technical supervision, including where required overseeing design and integration of editorial suites and machine room set ups for local & global post production.
• Provide expert technical/post production support for movie premieres, both domestic & international, and also VIP screenings worldwide for relevant Lucasfilm projects.
• Bachelor’s degree in Film, Art, Technology or related field or equivalent work experience required
• 10+ years of experience at a Supervisor level with 5 years of management experience, including live-action feature film with budgets of $100 million or greater.
• Proven and extensive experience with Post Production processes & workflows, including 35mm film & various digital formats.
• Proven ability to execute and drive multiple projects to completion, under tight deadlines.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills delivered in a mature professional manner.
• Demonstrated ability to interact, partner and represent high-level creative individuals and companies.
• Significant leadership and team management skills required.
• Highly focused work ethic, tremendous attention to detail and ability to deal with ambiguous situations.
• Flexible with an ability to think proactively and efficiently in high pressure environments.
• Must have a car.
Additional Proficiency Preferred, not Required:
• Stereoscopic (3D) experience
• Archival/Restoration experience, especially digital
• Large format film and/or IMAX
• High resolution and/or Extended Dynamic Range knowledge or experience
• Historical knowledge and experience with legacy Star Wars projects and references
• Remote collaboration solutions.
• Digital Asset Management experience
Apply here:- https://www.lucasfilm.apply2jobs.com/ProfExt/index.cfm?fuseaction=mExternal.showJob&RID=6110
Industrial Light & Magic Recruiting Creature Technical Director & Senior Post Production Supervisor, Industrial Light & Magic, Industrial Light & Magic hiring, Industrial Light & Magic jobs, Industrial Light & Magic VFX, Animation Jobs, 3D Animation Jobs, VFX Jobs, CG Jobs, 3D Jobs, Video Game Jobs, CG, CGI, Jobs, Recruiting, Recruitment, Industrial Light & Magic Recruiting, Industrial Light & Magic Recruiting Creature Technical Director, Industrial Light & Magic Recruiting Senior Post Production Supervisor