Industrial Light & Magic Recruiting Digital Asset Support Intern
Digital Asset Support Intern
Company: Industrial Light & Magic
Location: San Francisco (United States)
Start Date: immediately
Company: Lucasfilm Animation
**If you are interested in being considered please apply directly on Disney’s Career Site at the following link**
Star Wars Rebels is the latest animated series from Lucasfilm, executive produced by Dave Filoni, Simon Kinberg, and Greg Weisman.
With a visual identity heavily influenced by the work of original trilogy concept artist Ralph McQuarrie, the series brings classic Star Wars aesthetics to modern animation.
Airing on Disney Channel and Disney XD, Star Wars Rebels tells the story of the rebellion’s beginnings while the evil empire tightens its grip on the galaxy.
The Digital Asset Support Intern is responsible for assisting in the evaluation of vendor built assets to ensure show standards and specifications are being maintained. This work is to support successful asset sharing between studios and vendors associated with the Rebels production.
Successful candidates will demonstrate proficiency in Maya and will have a strong understanding of standard CG asset building methodologies.
Candidates will be responsible for creating support material for the department including documentation for asset related meetings and OBJ models for use by the story team. Candidates will also be responsible for creating low resolution proxy models for existing high resolution assets as required by production.
– General fluency in multiple CG disciplines including modeling, texturing and rigging.
– Functional experience with Maya and Photoshop.
– Working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel.
– Strong attention to detail.
– Ability to learn show asset standards to aid in assets evaluation.
– Able to create detailed documentation explaining issues related to asset quality.
– Confirm assets received from vendors match functional and aesthetic requirements as directed by design and final approved renders.
– Ability to create aesthetically pleasing low resolution proxy models.
– Other duties in support of the Asset Department.
– All under the supervision and guidance of the show Digital Asset Supervisor.
– Must be available to work at the Lucasfilm facilities in San Francisco, as a local hire.
Must be available to work a minimum of 16 hours per week.
– Good communication skills, able to communicate in a professional and friendly manner with co-workers.
– Self-starter, energetic, and able to prioritize workload.
– Team player that strives to maximize team and department performance.
– Detail oriented, highly organized and able to handle a variety of tasks in an efficient manner.
– Experience managing notes on production assets, and/or production reports.
– Experience in converting file types (Zbrush to a 3D storyboard, etc).
– Currently enrolled in Art & Design program or related curriculum with 3D CG course material OR someone who has recently graduated (July 2015 at the latest), from a similar program.
– Strong interest and/or past experience in the construction of 3D models for CG animation.
Apply here:- https://www.lucasfilm.apply2jobs.com/ProfExt/index.cfm?fuseaction=mExternal.showJob&RID=6505
Industrial Light & Magic Recruiting Digital Asset Support Intern, Industrial Light & Magic, Industrial Light & Magic hiring, Industrial Light & Magic jobs, Industrial Light & Magic VFX, Animation Jobs, 3D Animation Jobs, VFX Jobs, CG Jobs, 3D Jobs, Video Game Jobs, CG, CGI, Jobs, Recruiting, Recruitment, Industrial Light & Magic Recruiting, Industrial Light & Magic Recruiting Digital Asset Support Intern