Industrial Light & Magic Recruiting Digital Resource Manager
Digital Resource Manager
Company: Industrial Light & Magic
Location: San Francisco (United States)
Start Date: immediately
Company: Industrial Light & Magic
This position is responsible for analyzing, identifying, documenting, recommending and implementing policies and best practices for monitoring and managing production resource needs (disk, processor, license & workstation).
• Actively work with Show Technical Leadership to balance shared resources. Acts as a mediator between shows when there is a utilization conflict or the balance is off.
• Actively work with production and CG supervision to forecast software license and desktop hardware needs.
• Communicates early regarding any resource conflict and is accountable for process of monitoring overnight renders and coordinates allocations between Production & the IT Production Systems team.
• Identify heavy resource consumers and work with shows to improve workflows and practices.
• Works with the purchasing & IT teams to manage license purchase & installations
• First point of contact for CG Production on render farm and disk utilization questions.
• Works cooperatively with the CG Tech Leadership team to ensure shows adopt and follow proper data management procedures.
• Works cooperatively with Production Engineering to develop better tools for managing, monitoring and reporting resources across the facility.
• Proactively analyzes data workflow to constantly look for and recommend areas to improve efficiency and responsiveness to production needs.
• Provide weekly and monthly reports that are clearly displaying actuals vs. forecast, highlighting hot spots for the studio, etc.
• Collaborates and coordinates with International resource leads to ensure extended or 24 hour coverage.
• Partner with the Associate Production Manager regarding LDAC team schedules to guarantee productions are covered during peak times.
• Ensures the wrangler team continually maintains archive of show data. This includes creation of archival backups for shows, maintenance of archive database, storage and retrieval of physical media for recent show archives. Makes certain the wrangler team fulfills all data restoration requests from the archival library.
• Bachelor’s degree in Film, Computer Science, or related field.
• Minimum Five+ years of related experience required, preferably in a VFX, Media, or Computer and Data intensive environment.
• Proven ability to work diplomatically between technology, production and business teams to positively influence process and procedure.
• Proven knowledge and experience with UNIX/Linux operating systems.
• 3-5 years professional experience scripting language experience (i.e. Python) preferred
• 2-3 years Project Lead experience preferred
• Experience supporting End Users is required. Must be customer service orientated
• Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to effectively interact with diverse personalities
• Must be detail oriented, have strong organizational skills with the ability to prioritize and multi-task
• Thorough understanding of show lifecycle and ILM best practices.
• Proven ability to work autonomously and in team settings.
• Must be highly self-motivated with strong time management skills and the ability to prioritize multiple tasks under tight deadlines.
• Demonstrated ability to use logic to problem-solve. Willingness to take initiative and resolve problems
• Ability to work well with team members and provide guidance and leadership within a fast paced, dynamic, deadline orientated environment
• Familiarity with film, video and animation post production and/or computer graphics
• Analytical & Data reporting skills
Apply here:- https://www.lucasfilm.apply2jobs.com/ProfExt/index.cfm?fuseaction=mExternal.showJob&RID=6262
Industrial Light & Magic Recruiting Digital Resource Manager, Industrial Light & Magic, Industrial Light & Magic hiring, Industrial Light & Magic jobs, Industrial Light & Magic VFX, Animation Jobs, 3D Animation Jobs, VFX Jobs, CG Jobs, 3D Jobs, Video Game Jobs, CG, CGI, Jobs, Recruiting, Recruitment, Industrial Light & Magic Recruiting, Industrial Light & Magic Recruiting Digital Resource Manager