Industrial Light & Magic Recruiting Generalist Department Pipeline TD
Generalist Department Pipeline TD
Company: Industrial Light & Magic Vancouver
State: British Columbia
The Generalist Department Pipeline Technical Director is a 3ds Max Developer who supports the VFX Generalist artists at ILM. The Generalist Pipeline TD maintains the pipeline to model, paint, animate, and render complex, large scale digital environments in Autodesk 3ds Max and Vray on Windows. This position builds and maintains software systems, improves production pipeline operations, and provides front-line troubleshooting to shows and artists in production.
The 3ds Max Pipeline TD receives day-to-day direction and priorities from Generalist Area Tech leads and CG Tech Supervisor, with technical guidance from R&D and Core Pipeline Supervisors.
What You’ll Do:
● Develop pipeline and asset management tools to meet immediate, show-directed production demands, ensuring facility-wide consistency as directed by show and technical supervisors. Help maintain a wide array of existing workflows and scripts.
● Provide front-line production support for Generalist artists: troubleshoot assets and shots; work with IT to manage the Windows compute farm and ensure efficient render throughput; help artists with general problem-solving.
● Help download, install, and distribute various Windows software packages.
● Test and validate tools and techniques in production. Work closely with engineering teams in testing and releasing new and modified software systems.
● Act as an on-call resource for show production staff, primarily for complex, urgent problems.
● Collaborate effectively with artists, production supervisors, and technical staff across ILM studios in San Francisco, Vancouver, Singapore, and London.
● Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Computer Science or a related technical field.
● Demonstrated experience developing and maintaining tools for use in computer graphics.
● At least 5 years production experience in visual effects for film, commercials or television.
● An intuitive understanding of the demands of a fast-paced, creatively-driven visual effects production environment.
● Collaboration: a readiness to trust others, be trustworthy, and play nice.
● Communication: an ability to express yourself concisely, a willingness to speak up, and a conviction to keep everyone informed of progress and issues.
● Empathy: an ability to listen intently and understand artists’ needs.
● Creativity: an insightful and analytical thinker, and a creative problem solver.
● Proficiency in Windows required.
● Advanced 3ds Max experience required.
● Advanced Python and 3ds Max scripting required.
● Thorough understanding of the entire visual effects process, from shooting to modeling and texturing, animation, rendering and compositing.
● Experience with C, C++ a plus.
● Experience with Vray a plus.
● Experience with linux development and applications such as Maya and Clarisse a plus.
Apply here:- https://www.lucasfilm.apply2jobs.com/ProfExt/index.cfm?fuseaction=mExternal.showJob&RID=6992&CurrentPage=1
Industrial Light & Magic Recruiting Generalist Department Pipeline TD, Industrial Light & Magic, Industrial Light & Magic hiring, Industrial Light & Magic jobs, Industrial Light & Magic VFX, Animation Jobs, 3D Animation Jobs, VFX Jobs, CG Jobs, 3D Jobs, Video Game Jobs, CG, CGI, Jobs, Recruiting, Recruitment, Industrial Light & Magic Recruiting, Generalist Department Pipeline TD