Industrial Light & Magic Recruiting Hard Surface Modeler & Junior Technology Support Specialist
Hard Surface Modeler
Company: Industrial Light & Magic
Location: Letterman Digital Arts Center
City: San Francisco
The Hard Surface Modeler creates three dimensional objects to be painted, animated and used in a production with an emphasis on proportion, form, detail, and functionality.
Creates three-dimensional hard surface models like mechanical objects, environments, and props for the Animator, Painter, and Technical Director.
Employs specific software tools to build the geometric structure of the object and ensures that the model will satisfy the requirements of the production.
In building an object, the modeler must incorporate technical expertise, artistic ability, an understanding of mechanisms, and a basic understanding of animation.
Works with production team (Sr. Modeler, Technical Directors, Painters and Animators) to determine the look for an object.
Builds the geometry of computer graphic models, with an understanding of how the geometry will be used in the production process.
Performs other tasks related to the creation of computer-generated animation.
Bachelor’s degree in Architectural/Industrial Design or equivalent.
Strong sense of surface development, proportion, and mechanical functionality. Traditional model building a plus.
Proven experience creating inorganic objects in a feature film or production environment.
Requires familiarity with film and video post production techniques and with computer graphic techniques.
2-3 years polygon/subd modeling experience. Knowledge of Linux is a necessity to navigate through ILMs production pipeline.
Texture painting and UV layout experience desirable.
Sketching, drawing, painting and design skills desirable.
Experimentation with animation or advanced rendering a plus.
Uses a computer keyboard at least 75% of total work time.
Junior Technology Support Specialist
Company: Industrial Light & Magic UK
Location: Offsite UK
State: United Kingdom
ILM London are now looking for Junior Technology Support Specialists!
Requirements To provide primary, local support to users within the London studio on all matters involving installation, fault diagnosis and resolution of computer equipment as well as supporting users with queries and technical issues.
Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
• Install and configure computer hardware operating systems and applications, including VFX software such as Maya, Nuke and Photoshop
• Set up new users’ accounts and profiles
• Support London based employees through a series of actions, either face to face or over the telephone to help set up systems or resolve issues working on a number of open cases at one time and working through a problem to completion
• Monitor and maintain London based computer systems and networks
• Troubleshoot system and network problems and diagnose and solve hardware/software faults with Linux, MacOS and Windows
• Replace and repair computer equipment, as well as testing and evaluating new technology
• Conduct electrical safety checks on computer equipment
• In collaboration with the San Francisco based Tech team, support the roll-out of new applications
• Rapidly establish good working relationship with customer group and with colleagues in San Francisco
• Provide ad-hoc support, including procedural documentation and relevant reports as required
Education / Experience:
Educated to degree level in Computer Science or equivalent
Experience working in a desktop support role in a deadline driven environment within a film/TV production or new media company
Experience of networking hardware and configuration
Experience of Linux/MacOS command-line, scripting and task automation
Required Skills / Competencies:
Excellent communication skills
Enthusiastic self-starter with exceptional organization skills
Ability to manage time effectively and continually re-prioritise tasks
Detailed and methodical approach to trouble shooting and resolving issues
Team player who will strive to maximize team/department performance
Excellent understanding of computer hardware and software, e.g. Linux, MacOS, Windows,
Excellent understanding of VFX software including, but not limited to Maya, Nuke, Houdini, Photoshop
Familiarity with blade servers and distributed rendering systems
Familiarity with blade workstations, Teradici portals etc.,
Familiarity with MSOffice, Outlook and web browsers
Apply here:- https://www.lucasfilm.apply2jobs.com/ProfExt/index.cfm?fuseaction=mExternal.showJob&RID=6029&CurrentPage=1
Industrial Light & Magic Recruiting Hard Surface Modeler & Junior Technology Support Specialist, Industrial Light & Magic, Industrial Light & Magic hiring, Industrial Light & Magic jobs, Industrial Light & Magic VFX, Animation Jobs, 3D Animation Jobs, VFX Jobs, CG Jobs, 3D Jobs, Video Game Jobs, CG, CGI, Jobs, Recruiting, Recruitment, Industrial Light & Magic Recruiting, Industrial Light & Magic Recruiting Hard Surface Modeler, Industrial Light & Magic Recruiting Junior Technology Support Specialist