Industrial Light & Magic Recruiting Hard Surface Modeler
Hard Surface Modeler
Company: Industrial Light & Magic
Location: San Francisco (United States)
Start Date: immediately
The Lucasfilm Advanced Development Group (ADG) is looking for a Hard Surface Modeler to join our team.
ADG develops tools and techniques for high-quality computer graphics and simulation. Our goal is to expand and enhance the process of creative storytelling in the Star Wars universe through real-time rendering of visuals that approach motion picture quality.
With an emphasis on proportion, form, detail, and functionality, as a Hard Surface Modeler you will create three dimensional CG assets to be painted, animated, and used in production. Examples include vehicles, props, and set pieces. The ADG Hard Surface Modeler will additionally be responsible for meeting the aesthetic expectations of a production within a real-time rendering context, and should be familiar with best practices for real-time asset creation and optimization.
• Creates three-dimensional hard surface models such as mechanical objects, props, and environments. Works closely with animation, paint, and look development. Employs specific software tools to build the geometric structure of the object and ensures that the model will satisfy the requirements of the production.
• In building an object, the modeler must incorporate technical expertise, artistic ability, an understanding of mechanisms, and a basic understanding of animation.
• Works with production team (art leadership, technical directors, look development, and animators) to determine the “look” for an object.
• Builds the geometry of CG models, with an understanding of how the geometry will be used in the production process.
• Performs other tasks related to the creation of CG content.
• Bachelor’s degree in Architectural or Industrial Design or equivalent having gained a strong sense of surface development, proportion, and mechanical functionality. Traditional model building a plus.
• Proven experience creating inorganic objects in a game, feature film, or similar production environment.
• Requires familiarity with current computer graphics production techniques.
• 2-3 years of polygon or subdivision surface modeling experience.
• Knowledge of 3D programs such as Maya, Modo, Mudbox, Zbrush required.
• Experience with real-time game engines such as Unity or Unreal strongly desired.
• Texture painting and UV layout experience desirable. Knowledge of 3D paint programs such as Mari a plus.
• Sketching, drawing, painting and design skills desirable.
• Experimentation with animation or advanced rendering a plus.
Apply here:- https://www.lucasfilm.apply2jobs.com/ProfExt/index.cfm?fuseaction=mExternal.showJob&RID=6199
Industrial Light & Magic Recruiting Hard Surface Modeler, Industrial Light & Magic, Industrial Light & Magic hiring, Industrial Light & Magic jobs, Industrial Light & Magic VFX, Animation Jobs, 3D Animation Jobs, VFX Jobs, CG Jobs, 3D Jobs, Video Game Jobs, CG, CGI, Jobs, Recruiting, Recruitment, Industrial Light & Magic Recruiting, Industrial Light & Magic Recruiting Hard Surface Modeler