Industrial Light & Magic Recruiting Pipeline Technical Director
Pipeline Technical Director – Level 1
Category: Technical Director
Company: Industrial Light & Magic
Location: San Francisco (United States)
Start Date: immediately
Company: Industrial Light & Magic
The Pipeline TD is responsible for developing and maintaining software tools, providing front-line support to artists, and general troubleshooting of the CG pipeline in a fast-paced, feature film visual effects production environment. The primary focus is ensuring artist efficiency. Receives day-to-day direction and priorities from show CG Supervisor; reports to R&D supervisor for technical and career guidance.
Develop pipeline and asset management tools to meet immediate, show-directed production demands, ensuring facility-wide consistency as directed by show and technical supervisors. Help maintain a wide array of existing workflows and scripts. –
Provide front-line production support across a wide range of disciplines, troubleshoot assets and shots, and help artists with general problem-solving. Monitor email requests, package up problems and redirect to appropriate engineering team.
Test and validate tools and techniques in production. Work closely with engineering teams in testing, and releasing new and modified software systems.
Act as an on-call resource for show production staff.
Collaborate effectively with artists, production supervisors, and technical staff across ILM studios in San Francisco, Vancouver, Singapore, and London.
When not crewed to shows, serve on software teams working on projects that improve the efficiency of asset setup, caching, and shot-data handoff between artists across the entire pipeline.
Take direction from show supervisors to determine day-to-day and hour-to-hour priorities.
Work primarily on tools of moderate complexity, requiring general understanding of the larger pipeline.
Provide front-line support and gather information about artist problems and obstacles; resolve complex user errors; connect artists with deeper problems to appropriate technical support.
Develop broad knowledge of software, systems, and standards and conventions used in production.
Update documentation for the pipeline and tools to reflect any changes that are made.
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Computer Science or a related technical field.
• Demonstrated experience developing and maintaining tools for use in computer graphics.
• At least 2 years production experience in visual effects for film, commercials or television.
Required Skills / Competencies:
• Proficiency in Linux
• Strong Python scripting required
• Experience in one or more of Maya, Nuke, Houdini, Mari, Katana, 3d DCC Packages (3dsmax or Nuke) RenderMan or similar.
• Experience with revision control systems and defined coding standards
• Ability to communicate cross-discipline and provide innovative solutions to pipeline issues.
• Detail oriented and strong self-sufficient trouble shooter.
• Good understanding of the entire visual effects process, from shooting to modeling and texturing, animation, rendering and compositing
Preferred Skills / Competencies:
• Experience with production database systems
• Experience with C, C++
• Working knowledge of Maya, 3dsmax, Nuke, and asset management systems.
Apply here:- https://www.lucasfilm.apply2jobs.com/ProfExt/index.cfm?fuseaction=mExternal.showJob&RID=6336
Industrial Light & Magic Recruiting Pipeline Technical Director, Industrial Light & Magic, Industrial Light & Magic hiring, Industrial Light & Magic jobs, Industrial Light & Magic VFX, Animation Jobs, 3D Animation Jobs, VFX Jobs, CG Jobs, 3D Jobs, Video Game Jobs, CG, CGI, Jobs, Recruiting, Recruitment, Industrial Light & Magic Recruiting, Industrial Light & Magic Recruiting Pipeline Technical Director