Industrial Light & Magic Recruiting Production Assistant & Technical Operator – Projection
Company: Industrial Light & Magic UK
Location: Offsite UK
State: United Kingdom
This entry level position provides administrative and backup support to the production team while providing an opportunity to learn about the production environment and process at ILM. They can be temporary positions but may evolve into longer term project positions (from as short as two weeks to as long as one year).
• Support the Production team in day to day activities, assist in production errands and tasks, and be the go-to for general needs to the entire crew.
• Technical Assistance: Will need some technical ability and knowledge required to run Linux, Windows, and Mac-based programs for reviews with crew (dailies), clients, external vendors, and various meetings.
• Conference room setup and troubleshooting, Viewstation setup and troubleshooting, basic technical troubleshooting (running generic scripts to resolve issues).
• Manage cc lists for reviews, shot notifications, tools updates, etc.
• Meeting Setup: PA will be responsible for notifying crew of all meeting/review times and locations (and making sure they attend), prepping the review playlists, and possibly taking notes. Act as assistant to the CG Coordinators/Managers to help follow up on items after various meetings.
• Internal Tracking Database: Will assist CG Coordinators in making sure internal tracking tools are up to date.
• Schedule and Shot Tracking: Assist the Production Coordinators and Managers in making sure the physical schedule boards are up to date and all vfx elements are accounted for (matching the Internal Tracking Database).
• Show Schedule: Responsible for overall show calendar in Outlook in keeping everyone on the same page of what’s happening on a daily basis (dailies, meetings, client reviews, etc)
• Contact Information: Maintain internal crew and client contact information, all internal email aliases for the show, and show webpage.
• Craft Service and Overtime Meals: Maintain supply of snack foods and drinks for crew of 50-150. Responsible for the ordering, delivery, and clean up of meals as needed (lunch, dinner, weekend). Conceive, order, and set up of thematic crew parties, as needed.
• Shipping and receiving (digital): Responsible for delivering and receiving all files shared between clients, external vendors, and internal crew at various locations. Keep a meticulous account of all files transferred.
• Shipping and receiving (practical): Prep, ship, receive, and keep a detailed account of all models, props, and media drives shared between various contacts.
• Office maintenance: Organize the production office, order office supplies, keep the printer supplied with paper, expense reports, organizing travel, etc.
• Organize and maintain the digital reference repository (digital artwork, movies, etc). Also print physical copies of any reference when needed.
• Bachelor’s degree in film production or equivalent preferred.
• Minimum two years of related experience.
• Computer literacy; work processing and spreadsheet experience helpful. 50 wpm typing.
• This position is on a guaranteed 50 hour work week, with overtime and some Saturday work required.
• Ability to work on a computer/keyboard for long periods of time
• Ability to work overtime on an ongoing basis
• Ability to travel as needed
• Must have the ability to juggle multiple projects, work with diverse personalities and work within strict deadlines.
• Attention to detail, follow through and strong communication skills.
Technical Operator – Projection
Company: Industrial Light & Magic
Location: Letterman Digital Arts Center
City: San Francisco
The Projection Technical Operator is responsible for executing theatrical presentations utilizing varied playback sources and devices.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
Sets up for theatrical presentations and troubleshoots technical procedures and/or equipment
Administers daily system operations of digital and film projectors, data servers, VTRs, playback devices, UNIX-based commands, video and audio transmission systems and digital media switchers
Interfaces with Media Systems Engineering to establish needs and priorities for technical equipment listed above
Works with ILM and Lucasfilm Production to ensure that internal projection systems meet the needs of Production as well as provide clarification of internal systems capabilities
Works with ILM and Lucasfilm clients to ensure they can interface efficiently with internal video systems and technical equipment standards
Participate in the development of operational procedures as required by ever changing electronic media needs
Act as liaison for special event exhibitions to confirm theater specifications with external vendors
Education, Experience and Skills Required:
Bachelor’s degree in Film/Video or equivalent work experience plus 4-5 years experience working in theatrical projection
Requires knowledge of the following equipment/software: digital and film projectors, data servers, VTRs, playback devices, UNIX-based commands, video and audio transmission systems and digital media switchers
Experience producing or operating during live events, i.e. concerts, conventions, etc.
Final Cut Pro experience a plus.
2-3 years systems administration experience in a UNIX environment.
Strong communication skills.
Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work with diverse personalities.
Strong ability to multi-task
Strong ability to adapt to a high-pressure, fast-paced, dynamic environment
Strong problem solving skills
Familiarity with film and video post-production and/or computer graphics techniques highly desired.
Apply here:- https://www.lucasfilm.apply2jobs.com/ProfExt/index.cfm?fuseaction=mExternal.showJob&RID=5996&CurrentPage=1
Industrial Light & Magic Recruiting Production Assistant & Technical Operator – Projection, Industrial Light & Magic, Industrial Light & Magic hiring, Industrial Light & Magic jobs, Industrial Light & Magic VFX, Animation Jobs, 3D Animation Jobs, VFX Jobs, CG Jobs, 3D Jobs, Video Game Jobs, CG, CGI, Jobs, Recruiting, Recruitment, Industrial Light & Magic Recruiting, Industrial Light & Magic Recruiting Production Assistant, Industrial Light & Magic Recruiting Technical Operator – Projection