Industrial Light & Magic Recruiting Production Coordinator
Category: Production Coordinator
Company: Industrial Light & Magic
Location: San Francisco (United States)
Start Date: immediately
The Production Coordinator’s primary emphasis is on scheduling, communication and coordination for the VP, Production on any given project at Lucasfilm. This position reports to the VP, Production, while also working with other key production members in keeping projects operating in an organized and efficient manner. Must be able to balance multiple needs, projects, and tasks at one time.
• Establish a process for communicating targets, assignments, and priorities to the VP, Production. This should be daily and/or weekly.
• Schedule, track, and manage assigned work within the internal production tracking system.
• Assist VP, Production to ensure work is on schedule for the project and is meeting internal and external (client) deadlines. Check in with production members on a regular basis regarding workload, targets, needs, etc.
• Design and deliver production schedules and turnover schedules as show plans evolve.
• Keep a weekly synopsis of the project’s accomplishments and next steps.
• Generate shot tracking reports monthly for the VP, Production and ILM Image Unit.
• Run reviews and executive creative shares.
• Organize VFX tests and client visits.
• Act as primary point person for organizing dailies/shot reviews throughout the day on behalf of the VP, Production. Take notes regarding feedback and decisions made and enter any required information into the internal production tracking system and communicate to all key stakeholders so as to provide updates to all others impacted.
• Serve as key communication liaison between all parties relevant to your work. Provide updates, priorities, reschedules, and status of all shots at any given moment.
• Anticipate and communicate issues to the VP, Production to reach solutions in a timely manner. Flag important material for VP, Production’s review.
• Assist Producers to arrange technical set up and breakdown of shows. Reserve equipment and resources needed for location and stage work; monitor schedules to avoid conflicts.
• Occasionally assist in the bidding for a project in the project’s early stages.
• If coordinating work from an external company, establish process for working with them that fits with the VP, Production’s needs.
• Prioritization and escalation of technical support issues.
• Ability to learn basic phrases required to assist various production members in file organization, submitting shots and QC-ing projects.
• Completes special projects as needed or requested
• Scheduling meetings and travel for VP, Production
• Monitoring VP, Production phone line
• General administrative tasks as needed
• Bachelor’s degree in Film, Art, Drama or related field or equivalent work experience required.
• Three years’ work experience in production to include strong working knowledge of post-production techniques and terminology.
• Must possess very strong organizational and project management skills and be able to handle a variety of tasks in an efficient manner while meeting deadlines.
• Demonstrated ability to work with minimal supervision.
• Ability to work collaboratively with diverse personalities and work styles.
• Ability to establish priorities and multi-task efficiently within a high-pressure environment while meeting strict deadlines. Ability to work in a start-up environment that has a certain degree of ambiguity.
• Strong communication skills with all levels of an organization.
• Ability to work on a computer/keyboard for long periods of time
• Ability to work overtime on an ongoing basis
• Ability to travel as needed
• Proficiency in Macs/PCs including Microsoft Word and Excel. Knowledge of UNIX required.
• Technical ability and knowledge required to run Linux, Windows, and Mac-based programs for reviews with crew (dailies), clients, external vendors, and various meetings.
• Conference room, Viewstation and basic technical setup and troubleshooting (running generic scripts to resolve issues).
Apply here:- https://www.lucasfilm.apply2jobs.com/ProfExt/index.cfm?fuseaction=mExternal.showJob&RID=6493
Industrial Light & Magic Recruiting Production Coordinator, Industrial Light & Magic, Industrial Light & Magic hiring, Industrial Light & Magic jobs, Industrial Light & Magic VFX, Animation Jobs, 3D Animation Jobs, VFX Jobs, CG Jobs, 3D Jobs, Video Game Jobs, CG, CGI, Jobs, Recruiting, Recruitment, Industrial Light & Magic Recruiting, Industrial Light & Magic Recruiting Production Coordinator