Industrial Light & Magic Recruiting Production Coordinator & Technology Support Specialist
Category: Production Coordinator
Company: Industrial Light & Magic
Location: Vancouver (Canada)
Start Date: immediately
Company: Industrial Light & Magic Vancouver
Reports to Vancouver Production Manager, Associate Producer. Is assigned to a specific Show Producer and/or Production Manager. Provides general show support to the Vancouver Associate Producer, Production Manager, Supervisors Producer, VFX Supervisor and Animation Director to help ensure Show Leadership Team is able to operate in an organized and efficient manner. Maintain close communication with ILM LDAC show production team and Artist Supervisors. Primary emphasis is on scheduling, communication and coordination on behalf of the Show Pod Leadership Team.
• Follow and promote ILM’s established Best Practices.
• Schedule, track, and manage assigned work in collaboration with Pod Associate Producer and LDAC production team. Ensure work is on schedule for each department and is meeting internal and external deadlines.
• Publish internal schedules and facilitate communication between disciplines both for Vancouver and LDAC teams to ensure schedule adjustments are communicated to all necessary groups and work is being done efficiently.
• Assign artists to shots / work tasks in collaboration with supervisors and leads.
• Serve as key communication liaison between all parties relevant to your work. Provide updates, priorities, reschedules, and status of all shots to artists and to show leadership.
• Generate & distribute weekly updates on production logistics as requested.
• Anticipate and proactively communicate issues to leadership team(s) to reach solutions in a timely manner. Elevate concerns in a timely and appropriate manner to ensure production runs as smoothly as possible. Partner closely with Pod Associate Producer and Pod Supervisors to find creative solutions.
• Track information using ILM’s standard Production Tracking System in a manner exemplifying facility-wide best practices. Update changes in a timely manner, as they happen, to ensure that data in system is always up to date. Demonstrate strong working knowledge of Linux commands, directory structure and navigation as needed for accessing images for shot reviews, client presentations and bid meetings.
• Under direction from Pod Associate Producer, regularly maintain and update Bodycast with crewing start and end date adjustments. Ensure information is accurate for weekly reporting needs.
• As needed, contribute to creation of Pod artist training plans in collaboration with Pod Associate Producer and Supervisors. Act as liaison with LDAC training team, department managers, and department supervisors to coordinate and facilitate training where appropriate.
• Supervise, and train and mentor assigned Pod Production Assistant(s).
• Provide input for artist and production crew performance reviews as needed.
• Run budgets for shots and/or stage shoots as requested.
• If assigned to do so, act as primary point person for organizing dailies/shot reviews throughout the day on behalf of the Key Creatives. Take notes regarding feedback and decisions made and enter any required information into the system in a timely manner so as to provide updates to all others impacted.
• When required, partner closely with Pod Office Manager and Pod production team to ensure any facilities and or IT issues in the Pod are addressed in a timely manner.
• Perform special projects as needed.
Additional Responsibilities as needed on Shows:
• May accompany VFX Supervisor and Matchmover on location for blue screen and principle photography work. Responsible for camera reports, shot information sheets, and matchmove information. Must be able to recognize and report back to ILM production any changes to shots that affect the budget.
• As needed, serve as the main point person between the Production and VFX Editors. Discuss cut lengths, key frame numbers, editorial discrepancies and other specifics regarding film.
• Reserve equipment and resources needed for location and stage work; monitor schedules to avoid conflicts.
• Role may require weekend work depending on show schedules
• Role may also require travel for plate shoots and travel to LDAC as needed. Work on the same schedule as first or second unit production
Bachelor’s degree in Film, Art, Drama or related field or equivalent work experience required.
Three years work experience in production to include strong working knowledge of post production techniques and terminology.
Proficiency in Macs/PCs including Microsoft Word and Excel. Knowledge of UNIX required.
Must possess very strong organizational and communication skills and be able to handle a variety of tasks in an efficient manner while meeting deadlines.
Technology Support Specialist
Company: Industrial Light & Magic
Location: London (United States)
Start Date: immediately
Company: Industrial Light & Magic UK
To provide primary, local support to users within the London studio on all matters involving installation, fault diagnosis and resolution of computer equipment as well as supporting users with queries and technical issues.
Educated to degree level in Computer Science or equivalent
Experience working in a desktop support role in a deadline driven environment within a film/TV production or new media company
Experience of networking hardware and configuration
Experience of Linux/MacOS command-line, scripting and task automation
Excellent communication skills
Enthusiastic self-starter with exceptional organization skills
Ability to manage time effectively and continually re-prioritise tasks
Detailed and methodical approach to trouble shooting and resolving issues
Team player who will strive to maximize team/department performance
Excellent understanding of computer hardware and software, e.g. Linux, MacOS, Windows,
Excellent understanding of VFX software including, but not limited to Maya, Nuke, Houdini, Photoshop
Familiarity with blade servers and distributed rendering systems
Familiarity with blade workstations, Teradici portals etc.,
Familiarity with MSOffice, Outlook and web browsers
Apply here:- https://www.lucasfilm.apply2jobs.com/ProfExt/index.cfm?fuseaction=mExternal.showJob&RID=6389
Industrial Light & Magic Recruiting Production Coordinator & Technology Support Specialist, Industrial Light & Magic, Industrial Light & Magic hiring, Industrial Light & Magic jobs, Industrial Light & Magic VFX, Animation Jobs, 3D Animation Jobs, VFX Jobs, CG Jobs, 3D Jobs, Video Game Jobs, CG, CGI, Jobs, Recruiting, Recruitment, Industrial Light & Magic Recruiting, Industrial Light & Magic Recruiting Production Coordinator, Industrial Light & Magic Recruiting Technology Support Specialist