Industrial Light & Magic Recruiting Production Manager
Category: Production Manager
Company: Industrial Light & Magic
Location: San Francisco (United States)
Start Date: immediately
Company: Lucasfilm Animation
Lucasfilm Animation and creators of the Emmy award winning animation series “Star Wars: The Clone Wars”, are looking for a Production Manager to join their production of the highly successful animation series “Star Wars: Rebels”.
The Production Manager will partner with the Producer to manage the overall production schedule, communication with overseas partners and internal production personnel throughout phases of production on an animated television series.
• Manage established schedules and bids, through production planning, coordination and troubleshooting.
• Manage targets across departments making sure that turnovers are communicated and implemented.
• Alerts Producer to any resource needs, crunches, or potential bottlenecks that affect the production schedule.
• Evaluates vendor schedules against production schedule and works with vendors to keep schedule on track with production schedule.
• Facilitates vendor reviews and ensures work gets in front of Supervisors and that vendors get timely feedback
• Collaborate with key members of the production staff in Story/Layout for overseeing Story/Layout Production schedule and that all deliverables are met.
• Collaborate with Post-Production Manager on scheduling needs in Editorial department for Story and Layout.
• Report any major creative changes resulting in budget/schedule overages. Suggest production solutions that will allow for needed creative changes to be made
• Along with Producer, Production Manager will check-in with Episodic Directors and Story Artists
• Attend Weekly Story/Layout/Editorial Meetings along with Producer, Post-Production Manager
• Attend Animation and Lighting Kick-Off meetings, and Lighting reviews as needed
• Oversee all Full Color Reviews and Retakes through completion
• Collaborate with Producer on running production meetings with overseas partners to include weekly milestone meetings, and check-ins with overseas partners.
• Facilitate effective communication across departments and overseas partners to ensure adherence to parameters set in order to meet deadlines
• Prepares weekly production synopsis and status reports for Producer and Show Leadership.
• Oversee all Tracking Reports generated by production
• Provide guidance and support to department Leads and Supervisors
• Collaborate with Producer on overall scheduling, personnel management and staffing needs
• Supervise and mentor direct reports.
• Some travel as needed
• Bachelor’s Degree in film, art, theatre, communications or related field a plus.
• 5+ years of production management and supervisory experience showing career progression, preferably in episodic television CG animated productions.
• Proven ability to work collaboratively with all levels of management and with diverse personalities and work styles.
• Previous experience in working with external vendors or overseas studios a must.
• Strong organizational, project management and leadership skills.
• Exceptional communication skills (written and verbal).
• Strong computer skills including MS word, Excel, Outlook, and Project Management software. Ability to learn proprietary tracking software required.
• Capable of working independently and as part of a team.
• Ability to establish priorities and multi-task efficiently within a high pressure environment while meeting strict deadlines.
• Ability to anticipate needs of the various departments and any potential upcoming issues come up with solutions on how to solve or approach these.
• Ability to manage a creative process as well as creative people.
• Knowledge of Photoshop and Maya a plus.
• Esthetic eye a plus.
Apply here:- https://www.lucasfilm.apply2jobs.com/ProfExt/index.cfm?fuseaction=mExternal.showJob&RID=6381
Industrial Light & Magic Recruiting Production Manager, Industrial Light & Magic, Industrial Light & Magic hiring, Industrial Light & Magic jobs, Industrial Light & Magic VFX, Animation Jobs, 3D Animation Jobs, VFX Jobs, CG Jobs, 3D Jobs, Video Game Jobs, CG, CGI, Jobs, Recruiting, Recruitment, Industrial Light & Magic Recruiting, Industrial Light & Magic Recruiting Production Manager