Industrial Light & Magic Recruiting Senior Human Resources Manager & Animation Assistant
Senior Human Resources Manager
Category: Human Resources
Company: Industrial Light & Magic
Location: Singapore (Singapore)
Start Date: immediately
Company: Lucasfilm Animation Company Singapore
The Sr. HR Manager is responsible for the HR and Recruitment functions in the Singapore studio. This role is responsible and accountable for developing and implementing strategic HR initiatives to improve organizational performance and develop organizational capability. This individual will partner with our business leaders as a coach and architect in the areas of performance management, compensation, employee relations, benefits, policy and procedures, retention of key-talent, change management, communications and organizational effectiveness. Responsible for leading and managing the HR and Recruitment team members.
• Responsible for the HR and Recruitment functions in the Singapore studio. Provides leadership and counsel to the HR and Recruitment teams.
• Serves as HR Business Partner and thought partner to the Singapore Executive Team; coach and architect in the areas of performance management, compensation, employee relations, benefits, policy and procedures, retention of key-talent, change management, learning and development, communications and organizational effectiveness.
• Act as the Singapore studio champion in ensuring alignment between Human Resource policies/programs and business imperatives. Develop action plans to address.
• Act as change agent. Provide subject matter expertise and education to Singapore studio on effective change management.
• Resolve problems and issues within scope of responsibilities. Escalates issues to Director of Human Resources where appropriate. Works with Legal, Finance and other departments as needed to ensure proper handling of issues.
• Responsible for HR and Recruitment budget.
• Drafts and delivers communications to studio.
• Uses strategic thinking to understand how Singapore’s initiatives and programs fit into and impact the larger ILM and Disney organizations.
• Maintains a strong understanding of employment law and company policies.
• Understands industry and business in order to provide strategic business partnership.
• Partners with colleagues across ILM studios, Lucasfilm and within Disney.
• Bachelor’s degree in Business, HR Management or equivalent.
• A minimum of eight (8 )years in a human resources role, with strong business partnership responsibilities and a minimum of four years in an HR management position providing leadership to a team
• A strong understanding of the entertainment industry desired, including knowledge of the production environment within animation/games/vfx industry(s) a plus
• A strong understanding of human resource operations and employment law pertinent to Singapore preferred
• Previous experience as a recruiter and/or managing the talent acquisition function a plus
• Experience in both start ups and large organizations preferred.
• Demonstrated success in facilitating the achievement of strategic business goals.
• Excellent understanding of employee relations and experience with a wide range of employee relations issues
• Direct experience planning, implementing and managing organizational, strategic initiatives.
• Must have strong interpersonal, problem resolution, mediation, negotiation, and consulting skills and a demonstrated track record of successfully collaborating with Senior Management.
• Proven ability to successfully plan and implement effective interventions to business problems and maintain confidentiality of employee information.
• Comfort in dealing with/leveraging ambiguity to promote business success.
• Sound business judgment and ability to work successfully with a variety of individuals with different backgrounds and perspectives.
• A “nothing is beneath me” attitude, a willingness to pitch in with the team whenever and wherever needed
• Strong verbal, technical and organization skills required.
• Ability to travel as needed
• Ability to work overtime on an ongoing basis as required
Company: Industrial Light & Magic
Location: Vancouver (Canada)
Start Date: immediately
Company: Industrial Light & Magic Vancouver
The Assistant Animator contributes to the creation of high quality motion of computer graphics creatures and objects within a shot, using a variety of animation software programs, and working under the general supervision of Senior Level and Animation Supervisors.
Responsible for the successful animation of shots on a specific project.
Participates as a team member in determining various aesthetic solutions; provides feedback to other members of the production by attending dailies on a regular basis.
Facilitates the publishing of Animators work down the pipeline.
Assists in maintaining Asset congruency to current releases in Animator’s shots.
Responsible for Mocap processing in shot production and cycle creation.
Day-to-day responsibilities/tasks include:
Animating entry-level shots
Creating Animation Cycles
Creating polish animation for shots (This could include doing finger, toes, ear, tail, and wing animation, cleaning up contact sliding, body penetrations, tweaking arcs etc)
Processing Mocap performances onto show Assets
Blending Mocap animation performances and adding Polish to said performances (This could include fixing penetrations, adding finger and hand animation, exaggerating key poses etc)
Uploading Cleaned mocap, and cycle animation to the MotionDataBase
Updating Animators shotfiles with newly released assets
Problem solve and fix any issues that may arise from updating assets in Animators shotfiles. (This could include constraint blending fixes, global positioning fixes etc)
Setting up animation scene files
Maketaking Animators in progress or finalled work
Rendering movies for dailies
Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in Traditional Animation, or at least 2 years of experience working in cel, stop-motion or computer animation.
2+ years as an entry level Animator in conjunction with recommendations for advancement by the Animation Supervisors and Department Manager.
Firm knowledge of traditional animation principles, acting, film production and compositional design.
Good organization and communication skills.
Ability to take on a delegated task with a minimum of supervision.
Experience and a firm understanding of Maya is required.
Proficiency with Linux desired.
A demo reel demonstrating a strong understanding of Animation principles and artistic ability is required.
Experience with Motion Capture data a plus.
Apply here:- https://www.lucasfilm.apply2jobs.com/ProfExt/index.cfm?fuseaction=mExternal.showJob&RID=6345
Industrial Light & Magic Recruiting Senior Human Resources Manager & Animation Assistant, Industrial Light & Magic, Industrial Light & Magic hiring, Industrial Light & Magic jobs, Industrial Light & Magic VFX, Animation Jobs, 3D Animation Jobs, VFX Jobs, CG Jobs, 3D Jobs, Video Game Jobs, CG, CGI, Jobs, Recruiting, Recruitment, Industrial Light & Magic Recruiting, Industrial Light & Magic Recruiting Senior Human Resources Manager, Industrial Light & Magic Recruiting Animation Assistant